What are the essential nutrients your body and baby need to thrive during pregnancy? What’s the best way to connect with your baby prior to birth? And what is the deal with pregnancy sex?!
Today on the show, our most requested guest ever is back — yep, it’s my handsome husband, Nick Broadhurst.
Together, we’re answering all your burning questions about pregnancy and conscious conception, including the things you’ve always wanted to know but were too afraid to ask.
As always, we’re going deep in this conversation, revealing the strategies and techniques we swear by (as well as the things we tried that *haven’t* worked), the powerful lessons we’ve learned along the way, and the crucial info we want EVERYONE to know before getting pregnant (yet that no one seems to talk about).
From self care, to sex, to surrender and everything in between, this is a soul-baring deep dive into our holistic pregnancy journey.
So if you want to discover a powerful method for calling in your spirit baby, connecting with your baby in utero, the secret message your kidneys could be trying to send you, and the crucial techniques for coming off the pill prior to conception, then pop in those earbuds… this one’s for you.
In this episode, we chat about:
- The specific diet and exercise routine I’m following right now to nourish my body and baby, and how it differs from my pre-conception life (07:04)
- The secret to reconnecting with your partner and regaining intimacy during pregnancy (PLUS: everything you need to know about pregnancy sex) (11:43)
- The surprising rituals we’re performing to connect with our baby prior to birth (16:58)
- Want to conceive a specific gender? Here’s what did and didn’t work for us (21:45)
- Why learning to surrender and trust the Universe’s plan has been the most important lesson I’ve learned during this journey (27:07)
- Coming off the pill so that you can conceive? Here’s the crucial info ALL women need to know (30:04)
- How we’ll tackle our self care routines once our baby is here (and why self care will still be a crucial priority for us) (32:52)
- The top 5 recommendations we swear by for a better conception and pregnancy (36:17)
- The crucial message your kidneys could be trying to send you (and why you don’t want to miss these warning signs) (37:38)
- What’s the deal with pregnancy cravings? (39:53)
- Pre order Comparisonitis by Melissa Ambrosini (book)
- Mastering Your Mean Girl by Melissa Ambrosini (book)
- Open Wide by Melissa Ambrosini (book)
- PurposeFULL by Melissa Ambrosini (audiobook)
- Our Pregnancy Vlog (YouTube)
- Save A Little by Nick Broadhurst (song)
- The Ultimate Guide to a Healthy, Happy Pregnancy & Baby With Dr Stephen Cabral (podcast episode)
- The Secret To Healing Your Hormones With Dr Afrouz Demeri (podcast episode)
- Down Dog (Prenatal Yoga App)
- Our Pregnancy Journey (podcast)
- The Way of the Superior Man by David Deida (Amazon)
- Dear Lover by David Deida (Amazon)
- Kim Anami (website)
- The Best Conception, Pregnancy & Birth Resources (blog post)
- Vegan Pregnancy Supplements | Week 7 (YouTube)
- The Pill, Periods And Fertility With Dr Nat Kringoudis (podcast episode)
- Beyond The Pill With Dr Jolene Brighten (podcast episode)
- Heal Your Hormones With Alisa Vitti (podcast episode)
- Natural Contraception & How To Fix Your Period With Dr Lara Briden (podcast episode)
- Spirit Babies by Walter Makichen (Amazon)
- Our acupuncturist Miriam Drescher (Instagram)
- Trimester Zero Course (online course)
- “The Game Changer” Diet That Will Save The Planet With James Wilks, Star Of The Game Changers (podcast episode)
- James Wilks & Chris Kresser – The Game Changers Debate (Spotify)
- Boosting Progesterone Naturally + First Trimester Top Tips | Week 8 (YouTube)
- Man’s Foods and Combinations (PDF)
Thank you so much for listening. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be SO grateful if you could leave me a review on Apple podcasts, that way we can inspire and educate even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email [email protected] for more information.