Sometimes you meet a wellness expert whose impact is so great, it changes your health — and your life — forever... For me, and for my husband too, that expert is undeniably Dr Stephen Cabral. This is Dr Cabral’s third time on the show (a record!) and I’m thrilled to be picking his brains this time around on one of my all-time FAVE topics — creating wellness before, during and after pregnancy.
To give you a quick recap, Dr Stephen Cabral is a Naturopathic Doctor, Functional Medicine Practitioner and Ayurvedic Expert. His unique approach to wellness fuses ancient eastern wisdom with the latest in cutting-edge science… and it’s crazy effective. I witnessed Dr Cabral’s protocols bring my husband back to life after a devastating health diagnosis last year, and then felt the incredible difference in my own life when I implemented his approach to eating, movement, spirituality, self-care and more.
In this episode, Dr Cabral is shining the full light of his health expertise onto the topic of pregnancy… but this is baby-making like you’ve never thought of it before! From preconception, to actual pregnancy, right through to the precious postpartum period, his insights on supporting your own health (not just physical, but emotional too), as well as how to give your growing bub the best possible start to life, will blow your mind… and I don’t say that lightly!
This is a must-listen for ALL women (and the men who love them!), no matter *what* stage of life you’re at. So whether you’re in the middle of the ‘baby-making years’, are thinking about having kids one day, are keen on sorting out your hormones once and for all, or just want to know how to teach your daughters how to optimise their health…. this conversation is for you.
In this episode we chat about:
- Everything you need to know to get your body in the healthiest shape possible before pregnancy (16:33)
- The 3 indispensable health tests to do before you make a baby (19:33)
- The best preconception diet (21:56)
- Why it’s essential to not detox while you’re pregnant (this is very important) (27:00)
- The nutritional stuff you must let go of when you’re expecting — and it’s *not* what you think! (30:05)
- The #1 most common nutrient deficiency during pregnancy (and the ideal supplements to help you avoid common problems) (32:30)
- How stress affects you and your unborn bubba (36:58)
- The optimum postpartum diet for fast recovery and full replenishment (43:22)
- The 3 foods to consider eliminating whilst breastfeeding (46:24)
- The ideal amount of time to gift yourself for mother/baby bonding postpartum (49:43)
- The best postpartum supplements to take (and the ones you should avoid like crazy) (56:33)
- How to return to full health after birth (including the ideal time to get back into exercise, and why there’s so much confusion around this issue) (58:43)
- The ideal time to space your children for optimum health (theirs and yours!) (01:03:11)
- Plus so much more!
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could take 2 minutes to leave me a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email email@example.com for more information.
Today’s podcast is brought to you by the brand new Certification program created by my health guru and one of my all-time favourite humans on the planet, Dr. Stephen Cabral (Naturopathic Doctor, Functional Medicine Practitioner and Ayurvedic Expert). This is a program like no other — it literally *saved* my husband’s life, and changed mine forever. With a powerhouse combo of ancient Ayurvedic wisdom and cutting-edge science, this program is for anyone who wants to create epic health and next level healing for themselves and their family, or for anyone who wants a career in the health industry. Click here to get all the details and take control of your health and future today.