Want to grow healthier eggs and sperm and build a better foundation for your baby? Today’s podcast guest, Dr Afrouz Demeri NMD, has helped thousands of couples do exactly that. And in this deep dive episode, she’s here to share evidence-based strategies for healing your hormones, preparing your body for pregnancy and overcoming infertility, as well as revealing why we should ALL be living a ‘trimester zero’ lifestyle (even if you’re not ready for a baby yet).
Dr. Demeri is a licensed board-certified Naturopathic Medical Doctor specializing in integrative, functional medicine for women. Her focus is on finding and treating the root cause of her patient’s health issues, like hormonal imbalances, thyroid disorders, stress, weight or digestive issues, fatigue, depression and anxiety. As faculty and Director of functional medicine at the University of California Irvine, she sees patients at the Susan Samueli Integrative Health Institute and in her private practice in California. Featured in publications such as Women’s Health, Now Magazine, Weight Wise Expo, and Vitality, she believes that the healthier people are, the more they can live a meaningful, soulful life.
So if you want to discover the lifestyle changes that increase your odds of conception and having a healthy baby, the science-backed secrets to happy hormones, and the best way to optimise your overall health (even if you’re not planning a pregnancy), then pop in those earbuds… this episode is for you.
In this episode we chat about:
- Why her two pregnancies were so different (and what she wish she knew when she had her first baby) (06:18)
- How the modern world is affecting our fertility and why you need to prepare for pregnancy NOW — even if you aren’t thinking about having a child for a while (13:01)
- What is ‘trimester zero’ and how can the trimester zero lifestyle benefit ALL of us? (26:03)
- Getting to the root of stories, symptoms and fertility issues using mind-body medicine (34:10)
- The importance of listening to your body’s messages and looking at yourself as a holistic being (38:57)
- Her powerful advice if you are trying to get pregnant, that she tells all her 1:1 patients (44:08)
- The best way to free yourself from guilt (49:18)
- Plus so much more!
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could take 2 minutes to leave me a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.