What if there was a diet that could radically enhance your health, longevity, performance, and recovery… while saving the planet at the same time?
Today’s podcast guest, James Wilks — elite Special Forces trainer and The Ultimate Fighter winner — says that such a diet not only exists, it’s easy to follow, super convenient, and ridiculously tasty.
If you’ve seen James’s documentary, The Game Changers, you’ll know that this ‘miraculous’ sounding diet is actually super simple and backed by science: it’s a wholefoods, plant-based diet, and as the title of his award-winning film suggests, it’s a game-changer...
If you haven’t heard of James Wilks before, he’s an MMA fighter and winner of the Ultimate Fighter competition. These days, he’s perhaps best known for his feature role in the Netflix documentary The Game Changers. In the film, James travelled the world on a quest to uncover the optimal diet for human performance. What he discovered shook up so much of the ‘common sense’ dietary wisdom our society has been following for decades, and in the process, transformed the lives of thousands of people all over the world.
Plant-based eating has been genuinely ‘game-changing’ for Nick and me, so I was thrilled to chat directly with the man who’s made such a huge impact on the nutrition industry and who’s been influencing diehard meat-eaters all over the world to get some green goodness on their fork — sometimes for the first time in their entire lives.
So if you want to go even deeper than the documentary, get the inside scoop on what science says about eating plants, and learn how to transform your body — and the planet — one forkful at a time, then pop in those earbuds, baby… this one’s for you.
In this episode we chat about:
- The truth about eating animal products that we’ve been misled about for decades (06:49)
- How Jame’s body transformed after embracing a plant-based diet (and the incredible impact on his performance and UFC results) (11:04)
- How our outdated beliefs and rituals around meat consumption are increasing disease on a global scale (what he shares here is FASCINATING) (13:05)
- Is there really a diet that can reverse climate change? (16:03)
- How The Game Changers —- the documentary James features in — has transformed millions of people’s mindsets around food (19:22)
- Who are you getting your nutritional information from, and why this matters so much (25:46)
- His epic tips to make eating wholefoods fun, varied and delicious (32:01)
- The 3 easy steps to transition to a plant-based diet and how you can guide your loved ones to make the switch too (even if they’re diehard meat-eaters) (34:29)
- Plus so much more!
The Game Changers
Forks Over Knives
How Not to Die by Dr. Michael Greger
How Not to Diet by Dr. Michael Greger
The Penis Book by Dr. Aaron Spitz
Follow Dr. Columbus Batiste on Instagram
How Not To Die & The Foods That Make Us Live Longer With Dr Michael Greger
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could take 2 minutes to leave me a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire even more people together.
This episode is brought to you by Magnesium Breakthrough by BiOptimizers. For 10% off with the code MELISSA, head to www.magbreakthrough.com/melissa today.