So many of us who want to be vibrantly healthy, toy with the idea of being 100% ‘plant powered’. But cutting out animal products can lead to huge health issues… or can it?!
To bust through the myths and cut straight to the facts, I decided to do a ‘Round Two’ with one of my all-time favourite podcast guests. Yep, after popular demand, Dr Stephen Cabral is back! And in this episode, he’s dishing all on how to do vegan RIGHT, so that you can achieve the radiant, robust health you’ve been seeking, and avoid the common pitfalls that keep so many vegans from attaining peak wellness.
If you haven’t heard of Dr Cabral before, you’re missing out. This guy is smart. So smart, in fact, that he’s become one of my husband and my most trusted sources of information on all things health, wellness, nutrition, diet, Ayurveda and more.
A board-certified Naturopathic Doctor specialising in Ayurvedic and Functional Medicine, Dr. Cabral also heads one of the biggest nutrition-based practices in the U.S., where he and his team have helped more than 250,000 clients achieve optimum health. He’s also host of the mega-popular podcast, The Cabral Concept, where he shares information on how to get well, lose weight, live longer, and feel alive again.
Veganism can be a hot-button topic. (And it sometimes seems like everyone on the internet has a different — and strong! — opinion on the subject.) So it’s a breath of fresh air to hear Dr Cabral’s calm and considered take on how to embrace a plant-powered diet, backed up by his extensive clinical experience and numerous case studies.
So if you’ve been searching for answers to your ongoing health niggles, if you’ve been considering embracing the power of plants in your own diet, or if you’re already vegan and want to make sure you’re doing it right, then this episode is for you!
In this episode we chat about:
- The hugely common nutritional deficiency that Dr Cabral sees in vegans (after treating more than 250,000 clients in his clinic) (07:26)
- How to make sure you’re not depleted in this essential nutrient (10:42)
- How a vegan diet varies for the different vata, pitta and kapha Ayurvedic body types (17:43)
- How to make sure you’re getting all your important B vitamins (something that loads of vegans struggle with, but that doesn’t need to be that hard) (22:32)
- The best vegan-based proteins (27:28)
- The importance of saturated fats and the best sources for you (31:40)
- How to do raw vegan right, so that your body can thrive (36:23)
- The pitfalls of both a vegan and raw vegan diet (and how to avoid the common long term issues that can stem from both) (39:46)
- Plus so much more!
Cabral Concept Podcast
Dr. Stephen Cabral on Instagram
The Rain Barrel Effect by Dr. Stephen Cabral
The Success Principles by Jack Canfield
The Power of Your Subconscious Mind by Joseph Murphy
Vegan, Paleo, Low Carb, High Carb - What’s YOUR Ideal Diet With Dr Stephen Cabral
Open Wide by Melissa Ambrosini
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I am very honored that you are here and would love to hear your thoughts on the show, so please leave me a comment below (I read every single one). And if you loved this episode, please share it with someone you know will benefit, and on your social channels. You can also leave a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a soul sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.