From vegan, paleo, low carb, high carb, raw, vegetarian to pescetarian the list goes on and on. No wonder so many people are confused about what to eat and what the ideal diet is for them. It’s confusing as heck, but today’s guest Dr Stephen Cabral is going to bust a whole lot of myths and tell you once and for all what the best diet is for you.
Dr Stephen Cabral is a board certified naturopathic doctor and founder of the Cabral Wellness Institute and StephenCabral.com
At 17 years old, Stephen was diagnosed with a life-altering illness and given no hope for recovery. Everyday, he suffered endlessly for many years. It was only after Stephen traveled all over the world and discovered how to combine ancient Ayurvedic healing practices with state-of-the-art Naturopathic and Functional Medicine did he understand how to fully rebalance the body and re-energize it with life.
Today in Dr. Cabral’s online and Boston practice, where he and his team have completed over 200,000 client appointments, he uses Functional Medicine lab testing and Personalized Wellness Plans to help people rebalance their mind and body to recover from auto-immune, thyroid, fatigue, hormone, weight gain, digestive, mood, skin, and dozens of other hard to treat health conditions.
His mission is to help people understand that there is always a reason why you have not achieved your ideal wellness or weight loss goals and that you can and will get well again.
So, if you are currently struggling with a health issue/s or just want to know what the heck to eat, this episode is for you!
In this episode we chat about:
- How he healed from multiple ‘incurable’ diseases (06:49)
- Why he studied different healing modalities all over the world and what he learned that changed his life (13:14)
- The 3 different body types and why understanding this will change your life and boost your health forever (17:30)
- How a vata body type can still be a vegan without negatively impacting their health (21:43)
- How understanding your body type affects every area of your life especially your diet, exercise, sleep and daily routines (26:06)
- The two most detrimental things you might be doing that are good for your health (32:20)
- Why intermittent fasting and low carb diets might not be the most supportive thing for you (35:50)
- How to finally lose the stubborn weight (38:25)
- How to reset your circadian rhythm (38:44)
- Why one size fits all approach is not the answer (42:39)
- The powerful truth that will blow your mind (95% of all disease is lifestyle and diet related) (47:24)
- The truth behind infertility (49:43)
- Why we become unbalanced (52:56)
- How to finally heal (54:08)
- Why you may want to rethink taking probiotic, fermented foods and bone broth (56:07)
- Plus so much more!
The Cabral Concept Podcast
Ayurveda Dosha Self-Test
A Man's Guide to Muscle and Strength by Stephen Cabral
My Doctor Says I'm Fine: So Why Do I Feel So Bad by Margaret Smith Peet & Shoshana Zimmerman
The Power of Your Subconscious Mind by Joseph Murphy
Books by Jim Rohn
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I am very honored that you are here and would love to hear your thoughts on the show, so please leave me a comment below (I read every single one). And if you loved this episode, please share it with someone you know will benefit, and on your social channels. You can also leave a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire more people together.
P.S. You should always consult a health practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you looking for an effective avenue for marketing your business or product and are interested in being a main sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show, please email email@example.com for more details.