"It's normal to get sick and decline after a certain age... isn't it?"
Absolutely not, says today's podcast guest, Dr Michael Greger. Though this belief is hugely common in our society, Dr Greger has compiled research that blows it right out of the water. His findings show that disease and decline are NOT inevitable and that through nutrition, you have an incredible amount of control over your health destiny. And in this episode, he's here to reveal the secrets of how to save your own life...
A founding member and Fellow of the American College of Lifestyle Medicine, Michael Greger, MD, is a physician, New York Times bestselling author, and internationally recognized speaker on nutrition, food safety, and public health issues. He has lectured at the Conference on World Affairs, testified before Congress, and was invited as an expert witness in the defense of Oprah Winfrey in the infamous “meat defamation” trial. In 2017, Dr. Greger was honored with the ACLM Lifestyle Medicine Trailblazer Award. He is a graduate of Cornell University School of Agriculture and Tufts University School of Medicine. His latest book How Not to Die became an instant New York Times Best Seller. He has videos on more than 2,000 health topics freely available at NutritionFacts.org, with new videos and articles uploaded every day. The proceeds he receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking engagements are all donated to charity.
How Not To Die was a tipping point in our household. It literally changed our lives (and that’s no exaggeration). Before I’d even finished the book, I was making arrangements to get Dr Greger on the show — his insights are that groundbreaking, and I knew I needed to share them with you.
So if you want the truth — backed by hardcore science — about how to fight disease, reverse the effects of ageing, and live up to your genetic potential... then stop whatever you’re doing and dive into this conversation now.
In this episode we chat about:
- The life-changing story about his grandma that led him to this path (05:43)
- How not to die from any disease and improve your health destiny by eating a plant-based diet (06:55)
- The scientific research behind Michael’s work and how to cut through all the noise (08:26)
- The relationship between meat consumption and the ‘Blue Zones’ (12:41)
- The must-have supplements if you’re eating a plant-based diet (14:00)
- What no one tells you about Vitamin B12 (and how to get more of it in your diet) (18:16)
- What is the daily dozen, and why is it such a game-changer for your health? (20:33)
- The key takeaways from his upcoming book, How Not to Diet (22:20)
- Why it’s so imperative to adopt a healthy diet (even from a young age) (32:23)
- How unhealthy habits are harming your health and longevity (34:26)
- Plus so much more!
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could take 2 minutes to leave me a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.