You have most like heard of astrology or you may have even had an astrology reading, but do you know what Jyotish astrology is? This powerful ancient Vedic based science of the stars is not something I had ever been exposed to until I met today’s special guest Laura Plumb.
Laura is a leading educator on the power of the Vedic sciences to promote sacred health and sumptuous living. Formerly the General Manager of The Discovery Channel in Europe, Laura is now the founder and director of VedaWise, offering clinical services in natural medicine for whole person wellness and trainings in the Vedic sciences. She offers classes and consultations in Ayurveda, Jyotish, Yoga Therapy, Whole Food Cooking and Nutrition, and serves as a contributing Ayurvedic educator at the UCSD Center for Integrative Medicine.
Laura has studied the world over with some of the greatest luminaries of our time, practising and sharing what she has learned from ancient, proven wisdom for modern, dynamic times.
I met Laura through Bhava (the star of Episode 17, How Yoga Literally Saved My Life), and over the years they have both been a source of inspiration and a guiding light for me during some very challenging times.
For me personally, Laura has used the stars, plant medicine and also the ancient Indian healing modality of Ayurveda to support me along my journey and I can’t wait for you to soak up her wisdom today!
In this episode we chat about:
- Her journey to where she is today (05:03)
- How to see the love and beauty in everything (09:36)
- Why meditation is key to happiness (13:36)
- What is Jyotish astrology, why it’s so powerful and how it differs from other types of astrology (17:36)
- What is Saturn's return and why you must understand it (23:42)
- How the stars and planet can guide you (30:01)
- The role the sun and moon play in our life (37:28)
- What rising sign and moon signs are (39:40)
- What is Mercury Retrograde and how to understand it (43:35)
- Western Astrology vs Jyotish Astrology (44:04)
- Why oiling your body top to toe before shower is one of the most important things you can do for your health (01:06:18)
- Benefits and power of sesame oil (01:13:15)
- The truth of who we are and why are we here on earth (01:22:24)
- Plus so much more!
Laura Plumb on Instagram
UCSD Center for Integrative Medicine
The Biology of Belief by Bruce H. Lipton
Holotropic Breathwork by Stanislav Grof and Christina Grof
How To Do Holotropic Breathwork
The Upanishads by Eknath Easwaran
Conversations with God by Neale Donald Walsch
Emmanuel's Book by Pat Rodegast and Judith Stanton
Bhava Ram on The Melissa Ambrosini Show
Bulletproof Dave Asprey on The Melissa Ambrosini Show
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could take 2 minutes to leave me a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email email@example.com for more information.