Sometimes, a single phrase can change your life.
That happened to me in 2014, on a trip to LA, when I was introduced to Dave Asprey and the term ‘biohacking’. For those of you who haven’t heard of it, biohacking is the idea of using the best tools that modern science has to offer to become the absolute strongest, healthiest, and most kick ass version of yourself.
Needless to say, Nick and I became instantly hooked by this concept — and by Dave himself — and we pretty much made a complete transition to the ‘Bulletproof’ way of life (the wellness philosophy that Dave created and espouses)... and we’ve literally never felt healthier and stronger.
If you’ve never heard of Dave Asprey, he’s the founder and CEO of Bulletproof (a high-performance coffee and food company), the creator of Bulletproof Coffee, host of the Webby award-winning podcast Bulletproof Radio (one of my all-time favorite podcasts), creator of the wildly popular documentary Moldy and a New York Times bestselling author.
From Silicon Valley entrepreneur to biohacking pioneer, this man uses himself as a human guinea pig to uncover groundbreaking techniques to give you control of your biology so that you can reach a whole new level of high performance, health and strength.
Not only is he one of the most well researched and respect people in the health industry, he is also incredibly humble and nice as (gluten-free) pie.
I am bursting with excitement for you guys to hear from him today.
Get ready for your mind to be blown.
In this episode we chat about:
- The toxic growth found in an alarming number of homes that can seriously impact your health and life (09:09)
- His journey from Silicon Valley entrepreneur to biohacking pioneer (10:44)
- The (life altering) discovery he made in India (16:51)
- How and why he created Bulletproof coffee (and his secrets for the best cuppa!) (18:41)
- How fat makes you lose weight (22:06)
- How to transform yourself into a fat-burning machine (24:14)
- The ketogenic diet and why it works so well (26:30)
- How to get your body ready for babies (28:10)
- How to become smarter (and why your intelligence isn’t fixed) (34:03)
- Are you ignoring this vital aspect of your cellular health? (36:44)
- The difference between hunger and cravings, and how to hack both (41:01)
- How to boost your energy without putting on weight (44:25)
- How to get your kids on the bulletproof bandwagon (46:05)
- The biggest thing he is working on within himself right now (54:18)
- Plus so much more!
Bulletproof Brain Octane Oil
Bulletproof Radio by Dave Asprey on iTunes
Crosby Tailor on The Melissa Ambrosini Show
Books by Dave Asprey
Bulletproof Collagen Protein
Watch Moldy: The New Documentary About Toxic Mold
40 Years of Zen
The Bulletproof Diet: Lose up to a Pound a Day, Reclaim Energy and Focus, Upgrade Your Life by Dave Asprey
The Better Baby Book: How to Have a Healthier, Smarter, Happier Baby by Lana Asprey
The 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene
Mastery by Robert Greene
The Power of When: Discover Your Chronotype--and the Best Time to Eat Lunch, Ask for a Raise, Have Sex, Write a Novel, Take Your Meds, and More by Michael Breus
The Power of When Quiz
Bulletproof Vibe - Whole Body Vibration Plate
Vasper - One of the most powerful and efficient exercise technologies available
Sleep Cycle alarm clock: iOS and Android
For Aussie's get your Bulletproof products here.
Thank you so much for listening to this week's episode. I am so honored that you are here! I would love to hear your thoughts, so please leave me a comment below (I read EVERY single comment). If you loved this episode, please share it with someone you know will benefit, and/or on your socials. You can also leave a review in iTunes... the more reviews, the better the interviews I can get for you.
P.S. You should always consult a health practitioner before starting any new health practice. Ok beautiful?
P.P.S. If you looking for an effective avenue for marketing your business or product and are interested in being a main sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.