What would you do if you met someone who had been through huge adversity; from a broken back, to terminal cancer, through to addiction, post traumatic traumatic stress and depression, but managed to come out the other side with a tonne of grace and wisdom? I can tell you what I’d do: ask as many questions (and soak up as many lessons) as possible!
And that’s exactly what I did with today’s podcast guest, Bhava Ram (formerly known as Brad Willis).
Bhava’s story is incredible. He went from being a front-line journalist and war correspondent for NBC (winning the Alfred I. duPont award for his work, which is like winning the Pulitzer Prize) to hitting rock bottom with overwhelming and terminal health issues, through to becoming a head-standing yogi with a brand new outlook on life. This is a man who has truly been through it all and came out the other end to serve.
I was introduced to Bhava by my husband and have been forever changed! He has impacted both our lives in a profound way. In fact, the work that he did with Nick before we got together really cracked Nick’s heart open nice and wide, ready for me.
Get ready for some serious inspiration and wisdom, because it comes hard and fast!
In this episode we chat about:
- How he went from being a Type A over-achiever to a yogi (and what it’s like to completely step into a new identity) (05:53)
- The dark demons that visited him in the rehabilitation center (14:17)
- How he healed from cancer, a broken back, depression, addiction and traumatic stress (21:21)
- How waking up early helped Bhava heal his body (this story is insane!) (23:58)
- How Bhava’s doctor reacted to his healing (26:56)
- Essential daily habits for anyone craving healing and transformation (28:11)
- Who the best guru on the planet is and why you need to listen to them (29:41)
- The power of mantra to manifest an abundance of health, wealth and love in your life (37:05)
- How Bhava deals with fear when it comes up today (I love these tips!) (39:51)
- The biggest contributing factor to your growth and evolution (and it’s not what you think) (51:40)
- Plus so much more!
- Warrior Pose: How Yoga (Literally) Saved My Life by Brad Willis AKA Bhava Ram (Amazon)
- Laura Plumb (website)
- Dr. Emmett Miller on iTunes (podcast)
- The Yoga Sutras of Patañjali by Edwin F. Bryant (Amazon)
- Your Book Now (Become an author in 8 easy lessons) (website)
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could take 2 minutes to leave me a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email [email protected] for more information.