This is the most important, sacred, precious and personal podcast episode I’ve ever recorded.
My husband, Nick Broadhurst, is joining me on the show for a raw, heartfelt conversation about our long and sometimes painful journey to get pregnant.
Though there’s a joyful ending to our story (whoops — spoiler!), parts of this conversation were incredibly difficult to record. Yet right from the start, we’ve known we needed to share our experience as openly and honestly as possible… even if it’s hard sometimes.
Not conceiving when YOU want to is something that’s often hushed up, treated as ‘taboo’, or tinged with shame, which can make the entire experience even more difficult and lonely. But the truth is, one in eight couples experience this, so there are literally MILLIONS of people out there right now, riding the exact same rollercoaster that we’ve spent the better part of two years on.
That’s why we’ve gone so deep and raw in this conversation — as a way to honour and serve those people, to shine a light on what’s possible (even if it’s hard to believe that there’s still hope), and to show you that you’re never alone, no matter what you’re going through.
As well as sharing our pain, this is also a story of incredible hope and determination. You’ll hear how we supported each other through this wild ride, how we prepared our bodies, minds and souls to call in our spirit baby, and how we kept the faith even in the face of repeated heartache.
You’ll also hear exactly what I’m doing to nourish my temple and my growing baby, and prepare myself for the transition from maiden to mother.
So if you want a soul-baring glimpse into our quest to consciously conceive, a no-holds-barred look at our highest and lowest moments, as well as a complete rundown of the bio-hacks, health strategies, and spiritual practices that have supported us along the way, then pop in those earbuds… this one’s for you.
In this episode we chat about:
- Why the Trimester Zero lifestyle is so important for your day to day life (even if you’re not even *thinking* about conceiving) (2:17)
- The “Maternal Flick” and the physical and spiritual factors that could detonate it (6:34)
- How to work through the discouragement of not falling pregnant right away (11:24)
- Why checking in with your partner is so crucial to ensure a loving and conscious pregnancy (15:49)
- The CRUCIAL piece of the pregnancy puzzle that so many people overlook (23:03)
- Why you may strongly want to consider switching to plant based eating if you’re trying to get pregnant (and even after birth) (26:28)
- The unconventional ritual we used to explore our spirits and our pregnancy journey (29:53)
- The two missing ingredients that helped me finally fall pregnant (40:14)
- The amazing story of how we found out we were pregnant (BYO tissues!) (50:34)
- Pregnancy Announcement Video (website)
- Pregnancy Vlog (Make sure you subscribe to my Youtube channel so you never miss an episode) (YouTube)
- Spirit Babies by Walter Makichen (Amzon)
- The Secret To Healing Your Hormones With Dr. Afrouz Demeri (podcast episode)
- Using The Stars And Planets To Guide Your Life With Laura Plumb (podcast episode)
- Change Your Schedule, Change Your Life With Ayurvedic Expert Dr Suhas Kshirsagar (podcast episode)
- Yes, You CAN Get Pregnant With Aimee Raupp (podcast episode)
- Yes, You Can Get Pregnant by Aimee Raupp (Amazon)
- A Life on Our Planet (website)
Thank you so much for listening. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could leave me a review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire and educate even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email [email protected] for more information.