(Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify, iHeart or TuneIn)
From unhealthy, unhappy and addicted… to one of the fittest humans on earth.
That’s the incredible journey of today’s podcast guest, the remarkable Rich Roll. He’s here on the show (for the second time!) to share the story of his success, the role of plant based eating in his mind-blowing transformation, the secrets of his conscious relationship, and how we can ALL unleash our full potential — no matter where you’re starting from.
Named one of the “25 Fittest Men in the World” by Men’s Fitness and “The Guru of Reinvention” by Outside, Rich is a globally renowned ultra-endurance athlete, wellness advocate, bestselling author, husband and father of four. Rich shares his inspirational story of addiction, redemption and optimal health in his #1 bestselling memoir ‘Finding Ultra’ and the cookbook & lifestyle guides ‘The Plantpower Way’ and ‘The Plantpower Way: Italia’, which he co-authored with his wife Julie Piatt.
Rich has been featured on CNN, on the cover of Outside magazine and been profiled everywhere from The New York Times to The Wall Street Journal. His latest book, ‘Voicing Change’, features timeless wisdom and inspiration from the wildly popular Rich Roll Podcast, one of the top 100 podcasts in the world with over 100 million downloads (and one of my personal faves!).
It was such a treat to sit down with this thoughtful, inspiring human and hear his hard-won wisdom on what it takes to turn your life around 180 degrees and bounce back from rock bottom. The strategies he shares are so smart and so practical, I know you’re going to walk away feeling pumped to take action and excited to see how simple it can be to experience massive, life-changing results.
So if you want to discover how the food on your plate can trigger huge transformation, how to connect more deeply with your partner (and fall more in love than ever before), and how to leverage the deep reservoirs of untapped potential inside you, then pop in those earbuds… this one’s for you.
In this episode we chat about:
- His incredible lifestyle transformation from addict to ultra athlete (4:06)
- How to correctly diagnose an addiction and his secrets for true recovery (9:47)
- Why a plant based lifestyle is as epic for the planet as it is for your body (17:14)
- How to build a conscious relationship and keep the love alive (even if you’ve been together for decades) (19:55)
- Why Rich chooses to sleep in a tent on his roof instead of sleeping next to his wife (this cracked me up!) (22:57)
- Why you should never take your relationship for granted (and the steps Rich takes every single day to nurture his long term marriage) (27:05)
- How to consciously raise your children and acknowledge them as sovereign beings (30:02)
- How you can transition to plants in just 30 days (even if you’re afraid, or completely new to this way of eating), and the crazy benefits you’ll see in that time (35:53)
- The Rich Roll Podcast (podcast)
- Voicing Change by Rich Roll (website)
- Finding Ultra by Rich Roll (Amazon)
- The Plant Power Way by Rich Roll and Julie Piatt (Amazon)
- Digital Minimalism by Cal Newport (Amazon)
- Meditations by Marcus Aurelius (Amazon)
- The Game Changers (website)
- The Social Dilemma (website)
- #RelationshipGoals With Rich Roll And Julie Piatt (podcast episode)
- Open Wide by Melissa Ambrosini (website)
Thank you so much for listening. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could leave me a review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire and educate even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email [email protected] for more information.
This episode is brought to you by @blubloxofficial. Head to www.BLUblox.com now and enter the code MELISSA for 15% off your order.
Rich Roll is such an inspiration. I really enjoyed this episode. I found it honest, strong and clear. I am going to share this on my social media pages for sure.
So glad you enjoyed this episode. Thank you so much for sharing on your socials. I am so honoured.
Thank you for bringing this podcast Melissa. As a recovering heroin addict in recovery it was so refreshing to hear Rich shine a light on 12 step language. So grateful for your share Rich x
I am so glad to hear that honey, and I am so proud of you xx