If you’re ever in the presence of someone who’s in an epic relationship, listen closely when they talk about love, because they’ve likely got some hardcore wisdom up their sleeve... And if you ever have the opportunity to hear from BOTH partners in a conscious coupling, stop what you’re doing immediately and grab a pencil, baby — because you can be sure that the truth-bombs will be raining hard and fast!
Rich Roll and Julie Piatt will tell you straight up, they don’t have a “perfect” relationship. (Who does?!) But after spending time with them, I can tell you — this conscious couple is inspiring as heck, and there is so much we can learn from them about how to navigate through life as a duo. I was determined to get to the bottom of what makes these guys tick, so boy did I ask them some juicy questions in today’s podcast episode.
You’ve probably heard of Rich before. His story is an epic one: after finding himself sedentary and overweight in middle age, he overhauled his life at age 40, adopted a plant-powered whole foods diet and reinvented himself as an ultra-distance endurance athlete. His inspirational memoir FINDING ULTRA: Rejecting Middle Age, Becoming One of the World’s Fittest Men, and Discovering Myself was an Amazon #1 best-seller and has inspired thousands across the world to embrace a plant-powered diet. Rich is a frequent guest on CNN, was named one of the "25 Fittest Men in the World" by Men's Fitness and is the host of his own chart-topping podcast. As if that’s not enough, he’s also a graduate of Stanford University and Cornell Law School, and an inspiration to people worldwide as a transformative example of healthy living.
If you haven’t yet had the pleasure of discovering Rich’s partner Julie and her work, you’re in for a treat. Julie has spent decades traveling many paths and studying many traditions. She is a true renaissance artist who expresses her creative voice as a plant-based chef, singer-songwriter, yogi, sculptor, painter, spiritual guide, and homeschooling parent to four children.
Together, these two are a powerhouse of conscious living, soulful connection, and straight-up full-blown love. Being in their presence (even though it was long distance!) it was obvious how aligned they are, and how special their energy is… and I couldn’t wait to ask them the hard questions to uncover their secrets!
If you’re keen to deepen your connection with your partner, lean into love, and learn some crazy-effective skills for navigating through life as a couple, this conversation is for you.
In this episode we chat about:
- Their epic love story and how they got to where they are today (06:04)
- How the masculine and feminine plays out in their relationship (11:59)
- How Rich dealt with stepping into the role of a step parent (16:36)
- The essential boundaries that give them a thriving relationship (22:48)
- Their biggest challenge as a couple and how they move through it with ease and grace (33:17)
- Why there is freedom in commitment (39:11)
- Their top tips for keeping your relationship exciting and fresh (44:55)
- Why you should put this one thing first — even before your partner — for a stronger relationship (46:12)
- What soulful sex means for them (49:58)
- Their ultimate success secrets (that you’ll definitely want to swipe for your own life) (53:26)
- How to find joy in everyday living (55:47)
- The secret stuff they’re working on within themselves (59:00)
- Plus so much more!
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I am very honored that you are here and would love to hear your thoughts on the show, so please leave me a comment below (I read every single one). And if you loved this episode, please share it with someone you know will benefit, and on your social channels. You can also leave a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire more people together.
P.S. Please consult a qualified health professional before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a soul sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show, please email email@example.com for more details.