Missing periods, PCOS, endometriosis and PMS… odds are, either you or someone you love struggles with one (or more) of these painful conditions every month. But your cycle does NOT have to be a cause of pain, frustration or moodiness, and today’s podcast guest — Dr. Lara Briden — is going to tell us why.
Dr. Lara Briden is a naturopathic doctor and ‘period revolutionary’ — leading the change to better periods for all women. Informed by a strong science background and more than 20 years experience with patients, Lara is a passionate communicator about women’s health and alternatives to hormonal birth control. Her book Period Repair Manual is a manifesto for woman who want to reimagine their cycle and provides practical solutions using nutrition, supplements, and natural hormones. Now in its second edition, the book has been an underground sensation and has worked to quietly change the lives of tens of thousands of women across the globe.
Everyone — and I mean both men and women — NEED to listen to this wide-ranging conversation, especially if you want to make a baby, re-establish regular periods, discover the most reliable methods of natural non hormonal contraception methods, and heal your PCOS, endometriosis, or PMS.
In this episode we chat about:
- What the pill is actually doing to our bodies (03:58)
- Why period pain is not normal (06:29)
- Dr Lara’s top 3 non-conventional ways to combat period pain (good GODDESS I wish I’d known about these back in the day!) (12:06)
- Why our periods go missing and how to get them back (14:23)
- The top 5 non-hormonal natural contraception methods (18:55)
- How long you need to wait after you come off the pill before you make a baby (26:30)
- Why making a baby is a team sport and why men are just as responsible as women (29:19)
- What men can do to make sure they have super sperm (31:45)
- Plus so much more!
- Open Wide by Melissa Ambrosini (book)
- Period Repair Manual by Lara Briden (Amazon)
- LaraBriden.com (website)
- Endometriosis Australia Private Facebook Group (Facebook Group)
- Do You Have PCOS or Hypothalamic Amenorrhea—or Both? (article)
- myONE – 60 Custom Fit Condoms (website)
- GLYDE Condoms (Amazon)
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could take 2 minutes to leave me a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email [email protected] for more information.