In this Q&A episode, we’re diving deep into the world of parenting.
I’m joined, as usual, by the inimitable Nick Broadhurst — musician, entrepreneur, father, and of course, my beautiful husband. Together, we’re answering questions that you guys have sent in, and as usual, there were some mind-blowingly juicy ones!
Press play to hear all the parenting books we think EVERY parent should read, the scary truth about screen time for kids and infants, the unique approach we’ve used to introduce solids with Baby B, the parenting ninja move that will help you raise free-thinking kids, our best-ever advice around step-parenting and creating a blissful blended family, how to get relatives to abide by your parenting decisions for your child (even when they disagree), and how to stop yourself from repeating the same parenting style you were raised with — especially during triggering moments. I’m also revealing the HUGE celeb guest I’m interviewing for the show in the next few weeks. (Landing an interview with this guest has been on my vision board FOREVER, and I am *so* excited to spill the beans and share this massive news!) Enjoy!
In this episode we chat about:
- Nick’s romantic novel he is writing. Hear about his creative process, all the amazing music he has coming out, and why his book is so different from anything else on the market (00:44)
- Some big news! Discover which HUGE celeb I’m interviewing for the show in the next few weeks (3:55)
- All the awesome books about raising kids that every parent needs to read (6:54)
- Is treating your child like an adult the secret to successful attachment? (10:41)
- How to break the cycle of the parenting style you were raised with (especially during triggering moments) (14:44)
- The scary truth about screen time for kids (23:15)
- How to get relatives and loved ones to abide by your parenting decisions for your child (29:57)
- Want to raise independent free-thinking kids? This parenting ninja move will be your new favourite thing (33:52)
- Our best-ever advice around step-parenting, step-children, and creating a blissful blended family (43:01)
- Should you let your baby play with their food? (49:32)
- Time for solids? Here’s some crucial advice that can change the game for your baby’s health and safety (58:13)
- Do babies really need supplements? Learn about effective plant-based food combining for a balanced and outright diet (1:05:07)
- Free Spirit MegaOmega Algae Oil Omega-3 Baby DHA (buy)
- Hydrogen Health Shower Filter: Get 20% off with the code ‘MELISSA’ (buy)
- The Best Conception, Pregnancy & Birth Resources (blog)
- Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts (book)
- Mothering from Your Centre by Tami Lynn Kent (book)
- The Power of Showing Up by Dan Siegel (book)
- The Awakened Family by Shefali Tsabary (book)
- The Conscious Parent by Shefali Tsabary (book)
- The Plant-Based Baby & Toddler Book by Whitney English & Alexandra Caspero (book)
- Rainbow Green Live-Food Cuisine by Gabriel Cousens, M.D (book)
- Digital Minimalism, Doing Deep Work & Quitting Social Media | Cal Newport (podcast)
- Change Your Brain, Change Your Life | Dr. Dan Siegel (podcast)
- Elimination Communication: What Is It & How To Do It | Andrea Olson (podcast)
- Clearing Up Plant Based Diet Confusion With Brenda Davis (podcast)
- The Ultimate Guide For Plant Based Eating for Pregnant Mamas and Little Kids | Whitney English & Alexandra Caspero (podcast)
- Plant Based Junior (website)
- Veganism, Whole Person Enlightenment And Spiritual Nutrition With Dr. Gabriel Cousens (podcast)
- Your Gut Health Questions Answered By Donna Gates (podcast)
- Healing Candida And Building A Robust Immune System With Donna Gates (podcast)
- The Ultimate Guide to a Healthy, Happy Pregnancy & Baby with Dr Stephen Cabral (podcast)
- Baby First Aid Course (course)
- Epsom Salts (buy)
- Baby Massage Oil from Vital Veda (buy)
- Sacred Bundle Ziggy Cot (buy)
- Bugaboo Turtle Capsule (buy)
- Bugaboo Fox Pram (buy)
- Stokke Tripp Trapp Chair (buy)
- Baby Bjorn Bouncer (buy)
- Softly Summer Play Mat (buy)
- ErgoPouch (buy)
- Pure baby (buy)
- Luvme Nappies & Wipes: Get 15% off with the code ‘MELISSA15’ (buy)
- Eco naps (buy)
- Top Hat Potty (buy)
- Little Eco Baby (buy)
- Dragonfly Toys (buy)
- Snuggle Me Organic Infant Lounger (buy)
- Quax Rocking Nursing Chair (buy)
- Illoura The Label (buy)
- Pure Baby (buy)
- By Billie (buy)
- SUMMER and STORM (buy)
- Golden Eve (buy)
- Artipoppe Baby Wraps and Carriers: Get 20% off with code ‘MELISSA’ (buy)
- Jak Organics Baby Wipes (buy)
- Bebcare Baby Monitor: Get 10% off with the code ‘Melissa10’ (buy)
- Cosy Cribs Change Table (buy)
Thank you so much for listening. I’m so honoured that you’re here and would be SO grateful if you could leave me a review on Apple podcasts, that way we can inspire and educate even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Introducing The Melissa Ambrosini Show+
Did you know you can get ad-free listening, a bonus up close and personal pump-you-up weekly motivational episode with me, and a bonus Q&A episode with Nick and me where we answer your burning questions? You can join…
- Zen+ to get totally ad-free listening.
- Motivate+ to get ad-free listening and a weekly exclusive motivational episode that includes a deep dive into what’s going on in my personal life, businesses, my favorite new discoveries, health and life hacks and so much more.
- VIP+ to get ad-free listening, as well as everything in Motivate+, and an intimate monthly Q&A episode where Nick and I answer all your burning questions on ANYTHING. it’s a private space so no holds barred here my friend!
Choosing your membership takes 30 seconds, costs less than a green juice per month, and you can listen on your favorite podcast app!