There are a few people who have had a huge impact on the way I eat and one of those people is today’s podcast guest, Donna Gates. As an expert in Body Ecology, this remarkable woman has dedicated her life to helping people heal their bodies and experience vibrant health. Her approach to nutrition is insanely powerful, and I especially love her strong focus on bio-individuality and treating each body as unique.
In this episode, we dive deep — delving into everything from SIBO, to candida, to genes, to your gut microbiome and more. In her signature myth-busting style, Donna debunks these (sometimes scary) terms and uncovers how you can experience radiant wellness the Body Ecology way.
If you want to get your guts in order, watch your health skyrocket and increase your energy levels, this is a must-listen conversation!
In this episode we chat about:
- The Body Ecology lifestyle, and why it’s such a healthful way to live and eat (06:36)
- How to use food to heal your body (11:52)
- The 7 core principles of Body Ecology, and how to implement them into your own life (14:36)
- The massive mistake most health philosophies make (and why they’ll hinder your healing) (17:20)
- The everyday factor that’s literally killing your gut microbiome (31:43)
- How your emotions can affect your health (32:57)
- Deciphering your body’s secret messages about the food you’re eating (34:54)
- What is SIBO and how to fix it (35:40)
- Are you a snacker? Here’s why you might want to rethink grazing all day long (36:51)
- The common fungal infection you might not even know you have (42:16)
- Solving specific gut issues so you don’t pass them onto your unborn child (46:18)
- How to build a robust immune system (47:34)
- Why getting your genes tested is imperative to navigate your health issues (52:26)
- The power of time restricted eating (a.k.a. fasting) and why it's so powerful for health and energy (58:55)
- Plus so much more!
Body Ecology Training (Mention my name and email me the receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org to get yourself a copy of my ebook The Glow Kitchen as a gift from me)
The Body Ecology Diet: Recovering Your Health and Rebuilding Your Immunity by Donna Gates
The Yeast Connection and Women's Health by William Crook
The Good Gut: Taking Control of Your Weight, Your Mood, and Your Long-term Health
Veggie Bullet by Magic Bullet
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could take 2 minutes to leave me a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email email@example.com for more information.