It’s not often you meet a super conscious, smart, switched on, handsome, surfer dude that knows a thing or two about building a global tribe, but James Colquhoun is that man!
Not only is James a dear friend of mine, he is also the incredible filmmaker behind the wildly popular and life changing documentaries Food Matters and Hungry For Change and he is also the founder of FMTV (the Netflix, but for health and wellness).
If you’re hungry for wellness inspiration, genius business strategies and behind-the-scenes insights into a real-life global empire, today’s episode is for you.
In this episode we chat about:
- How he went from captaining massive cruise liners to captaining Food Matters and FMTV (06:46)
- What inspired James to dive deep into health and wellness (08:00)
- How to be a true leader (he has such powerful insights here!) (16:34)
- How he built his global tribe of loyal fans (21:41)
- How he got his first million subscribers (22:30)
- The role of consistency in building an epic tribe and brand (27:55)
- The future of emails and deliverability (32:54)
- The best way to build your audience (37:44)
- How to build an authentic tribe (40:29)
- How to activate your tribe to take part in an event (41:40)
- The importance of over delivering (46:01)
- The power of passion (48:50)
- His 10-year vision for Food Matters and his life (52:08)
- Plus so much more!
Food Matters FREE 5-part online cleanse and detox workshop
Food Matters (Documentary)
Hungry for Change (Documentary)
FOOD MATTERS® - Your daily dose of health and wellness
Books by Tony Robbins
Ask: The Counterintuitive Online Method to Discover Exactly What Your Customers Want to Buy by Ryan Levesque
Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari
Books by Richard Branson
Books by Warren Buffett
Man's Search For Meaning by Viktor E Frankl
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could take 2 minutes to leave me a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email [email protected] for more information.