Your gut affects SO MANY aspects of your health — from your skin, to your mood, your fertility, your emotions, your hormones, your stress levels and more. So even the smallest improvements to your gut health can have amazing flow-on effects to the rest of your body and mind… but the opposite is true too: if your gut’s in bad shape, everything’s going to be out of whack. So it’s super important to get your gut sorted, which is why on this week’s show — due to popular demand — I have brought back the amazingly insightful Donna Gates, gut expert extraordinaire! Today she will be answering all your burning questions to help you understand this oh-so-important organ — and get clear on how to take care of it — so you can experience massive shifts in your mood, energy levels and general vitality.
If you’ve never heard Donna speak before, you’re in for a treat. As the international best-selling author of The Body Ecology Diet: Recovering Your Health and Rebuilding Your Immunity, she is on a mission to change the way the world eats. The Body Ecology Diet was the first ‘diet’ of its kind — sugar-free, gluten-free, casein-free, and probiotic-rich. In fact, Donna’s ALWAYS been ahead of her time (she was teaching about fermented foods way back in 1994, and was the first to coin the phrase ‘inner ecosystem’). Over the past 25 years, she has truly become one of the most respected authorities in the field of digestive health, diet, and nutrition…. so I cannot wait for you to hear us delve crazy-deep into all things gutsy!
If you care at ALL about your health (and you’re reading this, beautiful, so I know you do) this is a must-listen episode that has the power to impact your life in massive ways, for decades to come.
In this episode we chat about:
- The 5 daily habits for good gut health (05:16)
- The essential tests to find out what’s going on inside your gut (18:06)
- The truth about intermittent fasting and fertility (20:58)
- Donna’s best-ever anti-aging tip (22:08)
- The hidden cause of infertility (which so few women know about) (25:19)
- Important eating strategies during pregnancy and breastfeeding (26:54)
- What a keto diet is and if it’s good for you (28:21)
- Why knowing your genes is key to optimum health (29:38)
- How to heal skin issues like acne, psoriasis, eczema and rosacea (if only I’d known this stuff when I was a teenager!) (33:26)
- How to lower cortisol and support your adrenals (37:08)
- Vegan bone broth alternatives (41:04)
- How to heal histamine and SIBO (51:28)
- Why you want to avoid alcohol and eating in between meals (01:06:26)
- Plus so much more!
- Body Ecology Training in Brisbane October 2017 (website)
- The Body Ecology Diet by Donna Gates (Amazon)
- Donna Gates on The Melissa Ambrosini Show (podcast episode)
- Genova Diagnostics (website)
- The Great Plains Laboratory (website)
- uBiome (website)
- Smart DNA (website)
- TEDx Talk by Valter Longo (YouTube)
- Intermittent Fasting on YouTube (YouTube)
- Body Ecology Newsletter (website)
- Adrenal Fatigue by Dr. James L. Wilson (Amazon)
- Low FODMAP diet by researchers (YouTube) at Monash University (website)
- Brain Octane Oil by Bulletproof (Amazon)
- Missing Microbes by Martin J. Blaser (Amazon)
- French Maritime Pine Bark (Amazon)
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could take 2 minutes to leave me a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email [email protected] for more information.