I recently met Mike on my trip to Greece where we worked with the Afghanistan refugees. After that experience, we headed to Naxos and Santorini to spend a few days together, and it’s safe to say that Nick (my hubby) and Mike had a mega bromance going on! But Nick wasn’t the only one drawn to this beautiful human... Everybody wanted to be around him. It’s not every day you meet someone you feel so honored and humbled to simply be in their presence. Mike is so powerful, yet soft, grounded and purpose driven. I felt like I was in the presence of true greatness. Which is why I am so excited to share his story with you today.
Mike Sherbakov knows a thing or two about living an extraordinary life. From active duty in the United States Marine Corps to being a social entrepreneur, philanthropist, mega global adventurer, inspiring father, and creating The Greatness Foundation, his entire life is dedicated to being of service and supporting others just like you to unlock greatness.
Mike is fascinated with exploring human potential and is on a mission to positively impact one billion lives. He holds degrees in kinesiology and psychology, along with advanced certifications in fitness, nutrition, mindfulness, and yoga.
Mike travels the world supporting game-changing organisations and causes, consulting for innovative start-ups, and collaborating with organisations like Fitbit and Lululemon Athletica. Committed to learning, Mike is established as an expert in the areas of social entrepreneurship, philanthropy, and wellness. He inspires others to step up and choose greatness, as he passionately pursues humanitarian efforts around the globe.
If you’re craving some feel-it-in-your-bones inspiration to lift you up and rocket you forward, this conversation is for you!
In this episode we chat about:
- How he went from working in the marines to being an entrepreneur, philanthropist, adventurer, and creating The Greatness Foundation (04:18)
- Why you can sometimes be frightened of your light (not your darkness) (08:16)
- How to live an extraordinary life (10:05)
- The power of showing up (and why it’s so essential) (13:27)
- The top five regrets of the dying (16:17)
- How to find your passion and purpose in life (21:09)
- The ideal people to surround yourself with, if you want to achieve greatness (21:53)
- Why you need to be a student for life (23:13)
- Why are we here on earth? (An answer that’ll make your heart soar!) (24:44)
- Parenthood as a transformational journey (27:23)
- The daily rituals that will change your life (30:19)
- Why openness is the key to everything (37:25)
- The beauty of different perspectives (40:14)
- Plus so much more!
The Greatness Foundation
The Hero's Journey by Joseph Campbell
Top Five Regrets Of The Dying post
The Top Five Regrets of the Dying by Bronnie Ware
Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs
The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
The Complete Conversations with God by Neale Donald Walsch
Neale Donald Walsch on The Melissa Ambrosini Show
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I am very honored that you are here and would love to hear your thoughts on the show, so please leave me a comment below (I read every single one). And if you loved this episode, please share it with someone you know will benefit, and on your social channels. You can also leave a 5-star review in iTunes, that way we can inspire more people together.
P.S. If you looking for an effective avenue for marketing your business or product and are interested in being a main sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show, please email email@example.com for more details.