If I were to narrow down a list of my absolute favourite books — the ones that have rocked me to my core and changed the course of my life — Conversations With God by Neale Donald Walsch would be a sure-fire inclusion. When I read it the first time (and there’s been many re-reads since) almost the entire book ended up dog eared and highlighted. I found myself nodding along in agreement, even saying ‘YES!’ out loud, because everything I was reading was resonating so intensely with what I already knew to be true deep in my heart.
This book is my bible (big call, I know), but I cannot deny the potency as I return back to it time and time again. The reminders are potent, powerful, simple, and are articulated in such an easy-to-digest way that you can’t help but be catapulted back to love whenever you find yourself off course.
The author of this book — and the ‘voice of God’ — is Neale Donald Walsch, a modern day spiritual messenger whose words continue to touch the world in profound ways. With an early interest in religion and a deeply felt connection to spirituality, Neale spent the majority of his life thriving professionally, yet searching for spiritual meaning before experiencing his now famous conversation with ‘God’. The Conversations with God series of books that emerged from those encounters has been translated into 37 languages, touching millions and inspiring important changes in their day-to-day lives.
Neale has since written 29 books on spirituality and its practical application in everyday life. Seven of those have reached the New York Times Bestseller List, with the first Conversations with God book occupying that list for over two-and-a-half years. (Crazy, cool!)
I was insanely excited to interview this amazing man, and our conversation did not disappoint. (I had goosebumps — or as I like to call them, ‘god bumps’ — the entire time!) Get ready for a spiritual awakening!
In this episode we chat about:
- His journey and how he got to where he is today (05:00)
- How the Conversations with God phenomenon came to be (06:55)
- The passage from his book that brought my husband and I together (I wasn’t kidding when I said it was a ‘life changing’ book!) (14:30)
- Neale’s foolproof strategies for dealing with challenges when they pop up (18:02)
- The powerful spiritual tool that will change your life forever (I loved this so much!) (22:36)
- How Neale deals with tough moments (and why what we resist persists) (26:18)
- Neale’s favourite phrase that helps him move through adversity (28:52)
- Are you really creating your own reality? (31:02)
- Why being self-centered is the key to living your best life (37:12)
- The one sentence to say to yourself before you walk into any room (40:00)
- Why expectations ruin relationship (and how to ditch them instantly) (43:09)
- Why forgetfulness is a great gift (47:28)
- How and why sex is sacred (and how to use this extraordinary expression of love to enhance your relationship) (50:53)
- The key to life (01:10:10)
- Plus so much more!
The Complete Conversations With God by Neale Donald Walsch
Stranger In A Strange Land by Robert A. Heinlein
Conversations With God, Book 4: Awaken the Species by Neale Donald Walsch
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could take 2 minutes to leave me a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email [email protected] for more information.