I feel like every second person I talk to these days is either dealing with anxiety and or depression or knows someone close to them who is trying to deal with it. Clearly, something is not quite right here. In my search to shed some light on this increasingly important topic, I remembered the work of today’s podcast guest, Nora Gedgaudas, who teaches people how to rapidly take back control of their brain and their moods by changing what they put in their mouth.
Nora Gedgaudas is a board-certified nutritional consultant and a board-certified clinical neurofeedback specialist with over 20 years of clinical experience. She’s also a globally recognized authority on ketogenic and ancestrally based nutrition, a pioneer in the Paleo movement, and a bestselling author to boot. (To say that she knows her shiz is an understatement!)
There’s so much gold in Nora’s methods and philosophy, but her approach to brain chemistry, moods, and mental health is my favorite of all. Anxiety and depression are NOT natural and do NOT have to be part of your everyday reality. So if you are currently experiencing either of these conditions — or know someone who is —- then this conversation is for you!
In this episode we chat about:
- How she went from living with a family of wild wolves to where she is today (yes, really!) (04:41)
- How she lost 25 pounds doing no exercise and eating more healthy fats than ever before (08:53)
- The dentist whose work inspired Nora’s entire approach to wellness (13:29)
- The 2 foods you’ll find in the diets of ALL the most healthy people in the world (no matter where they live) (19:11)
- Why eating too much protein is not good for you and can actually make you age faster (24:59)
- The best way to age gracefully and limit disease (26:38)
- Behind the scenes of her 25-year struggle with depression (and how she turned it all around) (33:36)
- The truth about depression and how you can support yourself (and your cellular health) if you are currently experiencing it (34:56)
- The absolute easiest ‘quick win’ when it comes to dealing with depression (38:15)
- The underlying causes of depression (including how exhaustion can be keeping you sick) (44:40)
- The diet that Nora followed to heal from 25 years of dark depression (57:57)
- The first 3 baby steps you can take if you’re going through depression right now (Powerful AND totally achievable = Gold) (59:59)
- The food we should ALL be cutting out immediately (01:01:34)
- Why you need to listen to your food cravings (01:07:47)
- Plus so much more!
- Primal Body Primal Mind by Nora Gedgaudas (Amazon)
- Primal Fat Burner by Nora Gedgaudas (Amazon)
- Nutrition and Physical Degeneration by Weston A. Price (Amazon)
- Psychodynamic Theory of Depression (article)
- Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics (website)
- Primal Restoration Program by Nora Gedgaudas (website)
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could take 2 minutes to leave me a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.