Hippocrates famously once said, “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” Never before has been more relevant than today, especially when it comes to combatting inflammation in the body and common autoimmune issues. It’s not everyday you meet someone who has healed herself from being wheelchair bound with secondary progressive Multiple Sclerosis (MS), and done so mainly via the foods she eats. But today’s guest, Dr Terry Wahls, is that person and her story is now well known around the world.
Dr. Wahls is a clinical professor of medicine at the University of Iowa. She is the author of The Wahls Protocol: How I Beat Progressive MS Using Paleo Principles and Functional Medicine and the cookbook The Wahls Protocol Cooking for Life: The Revolutionary Modern Paleo Plan to Treat All Chronic Autoimmune Conditions.
Unfortunately, autoimmune issues are all too common these days. But Dr Wahls’ approach to nutrition and health shows us that illness and decline are not inevitable, and we do have the power to rewrite our own future. Not only does Terry give you the tools to add years to your life, she also teaches you how to ‘cook for your life’ and reverse autoimmunity so that you can not just slow its descent, but live a life of radiant health and full-blown vitality.
In this episode we chat about:
- Why she only eats one meal a day (05:16)
- The best anti-aging secret ever (05:56)
- The reason we feel hungry (even when we don’t really need to eat) (06:17)
- How she healed from secondary progressive multiple sclerosis (07:05)
- How to create health and cook for life (13:57)
- The biggest thing you need to remove from your diet to help you thrive (15:36)
- What a ketogenic diet is and the pros and cons of it (16:24)
- How to get your hormones back on track (19:42)
- The top things you need to experience glowing health and vitality (27:01)
- Why avoiding lectins may be the number one thing you need to do for your health (34:02)
- Plus so much more!
Growing Strong: Healthy Eating with the Whole Family Kickstarter Campaign
The Wahls Protocol
The Wahls Protocol Cooking for Life by Terry Wahls
The Plant Paradox by Steven R. Gundry
Nora Gedgaudas on The Melissa Ambrosini Show
Dr Joseph Mercola on The Melissa Ambrosini Show
Dave Asprey on The Melissa Ambrosini Show
Ben Greenfield on The Melissa Ambrosini Show
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could take 2 minutes to leave me a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email email@example.com for more information.