Imagine a Harvard-trained physician who fuses the insights of Ayurveda with the wisdom of our hunter-gatherer ancestors AND the latest cutting-edge nutritional science… um, talk about my dream interview subject! It’s so inspiring when people at the top of their field are brave enough to straddle different philosophies and connect the dots in a way that has never been done before. So you can bet I was pumped as anything to sit down today with Dr Akil Palanisamy.
Dr Akil Palanisamy, MD, is a trained physician, author, speaker, and holistic medicine expert (and did I mention he went to Harvard?!). His wellness approach is unique, combining the best of conventional and holistic medicine to help thousands of people around the globe transform their health, increase their energy, and achieve true vitality.
His latest book, ‘The Paleovedic Diet’, seamlessly blends principles of the Paleo diet with Ayurveda and the latest research in nutrition and medicine. The end result is a customized roadmap to epic health that’s generating buzz across the wellness industry.
So if you want to create full-body health, upgrade your energy levels, separate fact from fiction, and geek out on some AMAZING nutrition advice, this episode is a must-listen.
In this episode we chat about:
- How he transitioned from a state of chronic pain to thriving health (05:02)
- Why your digestion is everything (and his 6 tips for rapidly improving your gut health) (10:56)
- Why everyone needs their own ‘kitchen pharmacy’ (I absolutely LOVE his take on this) (11:41)
- The unexpected ingredients that can power up your energy and detoxify your body (17:24)
- To eat grains or not to eat grains… you’ll love the Paleovedic answer (20:06)
- The #1 breakfast choice for a successful day and long lasting energy (22:39)
- The powerful tonic that nourishes your brain (you’re gonna wanna add this to your diet immediately!) (28:03)
- How to do vegan right (30:26)
- What the average dinner plate should look like for each of the 3 doshas — vata, pitta and kapha (32:14)
- The important role of food combining in the Paleovedic diet (37:15)
- The unusual morning ritual that can transform your health in less than 30 seconds a day (44:31)
- Plus so much more!
- The Paleovedic Diet by Dr Akil Palanisamy (Amazon)
- The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran (Amazon)
- Dr. Akil Palanisamy Website (website)
- Ayurveda & Thyroid Program (website)
- Ayurveda for Depression & Anxiety Program (website)
- Maintaining Lifelong Brain Health with Ayurveda & functional medicine Program (website)
- Ayurveda and Autoimmune Diseases Program (website)
- Akil Palanisamy on Instagram (Instagram)
- Broad New World (blog)
- Laura Plumb on The Melissa Ambrosini Show (podcast episode)
- Bhava Ram on The Melissa Ambrosini Show (podcast episode)
- Nick Broadhurst on The Melissa Ambrosini Show (podcast episode)
- Sahara Rose on The Melissa Ambrosini Show (podcast episode)
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could take 2 minutes to leave me a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email [email protected] for more information.