Ayurveda is a 5000 year old technology. It’s the ancient sister science of yoga and when fully understood and implemented into your life it can help you navigate your own health journey and complement your life. It can also radically rock all your relationships and love life too.
I dove deep into Ayurveda back in 2011 when I studied at the Institute of Integrative Nutrition, but it’s easy to get overwhelmed if you haven’t had the right teaching. This is why today’s guest Sahara Rose who wrote the number one best-selling Ayurveda book in the world, The Idiot’s Guide To Ayurveda is perfect to break Ayurveda down into digestible bites for us to understand today.
Not only a best-selling author, Sahara is also a certified Ayurvedic, holistic and sports nutritionist and is super passionate about bridging ancient Ayurvedic healing wisdom with modern nutritional science to the millennials.
In this episode we chat about:
- What is Ayurveda (04:01)
- Her story and journey from being unwell and unhealthy to thriving (05:06)
- How she got help guru Deepak Chopra to write the forward to her best selling book (10:21)
- The 3 different doshas and how to work out yours (14:10)
- How to rebalance your dosha (29:19)
- How understanding your own dosha and doshas of people around you, leads to a happier relationship (32:32)
- How your doshas is connected with your life purpose (35:09)
- Plus so much more!
- Sahara’s Mind-Body Type Quiz (website)
- Laura Plumb on The Melissa Ambrosini Show (podcast episode)
- Dr Stephen Cabral On The Melissa Ambrosini Show (podcast episode)
- Idiot’s Guide To Ayurveda by Sahara Rose Ketabi (Amazon)
- Eat Feel Fresh by Sahara Rose Ketabi (Amazon)
- Highest Self Podcast by Sahara Rose (podcast)
- Books by Deepak Chopra (Amazon)
- Books by Osho (Amazon)
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondō (Amazon)
If you are interested in studying at Institute For Integrative Nutrition (IIN) you can read about my journey with IIN here.
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could take 2 minutes to leave me a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email [email protected] for more information.