Is it possible to go through pregnancy feeling balanced, strong and energised? Can you influence the future health of your baby, simply by changing the way you eat? And can you become a new mother without getting rundown, depleted and having no time for self-care?
According to today’s guest, Dylan Smith, the answer to all three questions is a resounding yes. As a certified practitioner, Dylan uses the ancient principles of Ayurveda to rejuvenate new mothers, restore their inner balance, and ensure a healthy happy start for the new baby. In this inspiring episode, he’s sharing his epic tips for deep nourishment, divine balance, and conscious connection for both mama and bub, from conception right through to the postpartum phase.
Dylan Smith is a certified Ayurvedic Practitioner and holistic health educator based in Sydney, Australia, where he runs and operates the Vital Veda clinic for patients and for those who love to nourish themselves with precious herbal elixirs. Determined to uncover the root cause of ailments, Dylan shares wisdom through his podcast and programs. He travels the world to share his holistic passion: to teach patients to effortlessly integrate foundational techniques into their daily lives so that they can thrive. Regularly travelling to India to train with an internationally renowned family of Ayurvedic doctors, Dylan is devoted to learning, sharing and radiating this ancient knowledge for everyone to utilise and enjoy, to experience total wellness and bliss.
Nick and I have been incorporating Ayurvedic principles into our health and wellness routines for years now, and they’ve been instrumental in bringing balance to our digestion, hormones and energy levels. So when we set out on this pregnancy journey, we knew that Ayurveda would be a key piece of the puzzle, and I’m so thrilled to be able to dig deeper into this incredible ancient practice and share Dylan’s life-changing strategies and techniques with you.
So if you want to feel empowered and inspired about the transition into motherhood, or if you want to know the best way to support other women in your life when they make the transition, as well as hear some truly amazing tips for raising a healthy baby the Ayurvedic way, then pop in those earbuds… this one’s for you.
In this episode we chat about:
- Why the ultimate preventive medicine starts in the womb (and how to give your baby the best possible start in life) (4:12)
- The crucial importance of a holistic, conscious approach to the prenatal, conception, birth and postpartum phases for both the baby and mother (7:10)
- Two essential Ayurvedic practices to rejuvenate mama and support bub from Day 1 (10:12)
- The 11-day Ayurvedic ritual to gently welcome your baby into the world and build a healthy, loving attachment and immune system (15:12)
- Should mamas eat the placenta? (Plus: how the first 40 days after giving birth dictate the next 40 years of your life and the way your menopause will unfold in the future) (21:26)
- The best meal to eat after giving birth for quick recovery, and the must-have foods to avoid postnatal depletion (23:28)
- Why mamas must set firm and healthy boundaries during the postpartum period. (I know so many mamas-to-be are going to LOVE what he shares here!) (26:45)
- The very first food you should offer your baby, and how to gradually introduce them to foods to protect them from digestive and health issues (35:33)
- Why you don’t have to choose motherhood over meditation (and his incredible reframe for the time spent feeding your baby — I love this so much!) (40:42)
- Plus so much more!
- Follow Dylan on Instagram (link)
- Check out the Vital Veda Podcast (link)
- Vital Veda (website)
- Ayurvedic Post Natal Care Plan (link)
- The Seven Spiritual Laws Of Success by Deepak Chopra (Amazon)
- Your Burning Questions Answered About Conscious Conception & Pregnancy with Melissa Ambrosini & Nick Broadhurst (podcast)
- The Ultimate Guide to a Healthy, Happy Pregnancy & Baby with Dr Stephen Cabral (podcast)
- The Secret To Healing Your Hormones with Dr Afrouz Demeri (podcast)
Thank you so much for listening. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be SO grateful if you could leave me a review on Apple podcasts, that way we can inspire and educate even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
This episode is brought to you by DesignCrowd. The website with hundreds of thousands of designers ready to help create your perfect custom design. Crowdsource custom logo, business card, and web design from over 900,000 epic designers from around the world. Visit designcrowd.com/melissa to get up to $150 off your first project today.