When life does not live up to our expectations, we can be left spinning our wheels, angry at ourselves and the world, and feeling profoundly disappointed. But today’s podcast guest, Christine Hassler, says that while these times can indeed be uncomfortable, they can also be a source of huge growth, transformation and healing. And in this episode, she’s sharing her formula for processing these ‘expectation hangovers’ so that you can ease your suffering, open the doorways to possibility, and create the life you truly desire.
Christine Hassler is a Master coach, facilitator and speaker with over 16 years of experience. She is the best-selling author of three books, most recently Expectation Hangover: Free Yourself From Your Past, Change your Present and Get What you Really Want and is the host of top-rated podcast “Over it and On With It” where she coaches people live on the show. Christine has a Master’s degree in Spiritual Psychology and implements elements of NLP, psychology, spirituality, science and her own diverse life experience into her work. She’s appeared on: The Today Show, CNN, ABC, CBS, FOX, E!, Style, and The New York Times.
Christine and I have been friends for nearly a decade now, and I’ve been itching to get her on the show. She has an incredible ability to help people find clarity, tap into their potential, and get out of their own way, which shines through so brightly in this conversation… I know you’re going to love her just as much as I do!
So if you want to know EXACTLY how to respond when life throws you a curveball, how to pursue your goals while preventing future disappointment, and how to take your inner child healing seriously next level, then pop in those earbuds… this one’s for you.
In this episode we chat about:
- The quarter life crisis that led to her incredible life transformation (and how she managed to get off invasive medications for good) (4:45)
- How expectations are sabotaging even our most treasured relationships (9:09)
- The best way to set healthy boundaries — even if you’re a diehard people pleaser (13:33)
- How to overcome disappointment when life doesn’t turn out the way you desire (and how to turn it into a catalyst for massive growth) (17:50)
- How to access deep inner healing and free yourself from your past (22:24)
- How to tap into the incredible healing power of inner child work, even if you’ve never done it before (26:40)
- Got complicated emotions towards your parents? Here’s how to process them in a healthy way (and why this is so essential for your own healing) (37:29)
- Why pregnancy is an even bigger invitation to level up and go further in your inner child work (40:31)
- How inner child work can transform all the relationships in your life, including your romantic one (46:38)
- Follow Christine on Instagram (link)
- Over It & On With It (podcast)
- Expectation Hangover by Christine Hassler (Amazon)
- 20 Something, 20 Everything by Christine Hassler (Amazon)
- Family Secrets by John Bradshaw (Amazon)
- The Biology of Belief by Bruce Lipton (Amazon)
- Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself by Joe Dispenza (Amazon)
- Mastering Your Mean Girl by Melissa Ambrosini (book)
- Open Wide by Melissa Ambrosini (book)
- Comparisonitis by Melissa Ambrosini (book)
- How To Use Emotional Freedom Technique For Greater Health & Happiness With Nick Ortner (podcast)
- Master Your Mind And Experience Heaven On Earth With Dr Bruce Lipton (podcast)
- Healing Your Inner Child 3 Day Virtual Workshop Led by Christine Hassler & Stefanos Sifandos (workshop)
Thank you so much for listening. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be SO grateful if you could leave me a review on Apple podcasts, that way we can inspire and educate even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email [email protected] for more information.