Somewhere along the line, knowing how to birth healthy babies and raise them to become happy, resilient children became incredibly confusing.
But today’s guest, author Dr Jennifer Barham-Floreani, says it doesn’t need to be so complicated. And in this thought-provoking episode, she’s sharing simple, proactive solutions to help us preserve and strengthen our children’s long-term health, starting at the preconception phase, right through to pregnancy, birth and beyond.
Dr Jennifer Barham-Floreani is an award-winning health practitioner and best selling author. Over half a million parents, practitioners and students have read Jennifer’s thought- provoking book, ‘Well Adjusted Babies’. As a formerly practicing chiropractor and mother of four boys, Jen has become an authentic guide for couples and families and she speaks around the world on common sense approaches to health, pregnancy and parenting.
I first read Jen’s book before I became pregnant and was blown away. But since revisiting it now, with a baby on the way, I’ve had a brand new appreciation for her wisdom on everything from how to have a drug-free birth, to improving fertility, to how to incorporate holistic modalities into your pregnancy self-care routine. She’s refreshingly frank and embraces common sense solutions… and I know you’re going to love her natural, no-nonsense approach as much as I do.
So if you want to learn how to get as healthy as possible before and during pregnancy, how to set your baby up for a lifetime of wellness, and how to raise healthy, capable and well-adjusted children, then pop in those earbuds… this one’s for you.
In this episode we chat about:
- Jennifer’s journey to becoming a best-selling author and helping hundreds of parents around the world (05:33)
- The transcendent power of intention and how she manifested her dream life into reality (12:18)
- The absolutely CRUCIAL questions to ask your body before becoming a mama (or a dad!) (14:15)
- Why it’s important to get healthy NOW if you want a family in the future (24:34)
- How to be a mindful, toxin-free host for your baby during pregnancy (32:38)
- Is your body inflamed? Here’s how to heal it through the power of your microbiome (38:26)
- Chiropractic and other secret weapons to enhance your health during pregnancy (45:07)
- Dr. Jenn’s game-changing approach to raising children with communication, information and love (51:49)
- Well Adjusted (website)
- Well Adjusted Babies by Dr. Jennifer Barham-Floreani (book)
- Ticklish by Dr. Jennifer Barham-Floreani (book)
- The Secret To Healing Your Hormones| Dr. Afrouz Demeri (podcast)
- Dr. Kelly Brogan (website)
- The Truth About Depression With Dr. Kelly Brogan (podcast)
- Earth Is Hiring by Peta Kelly (amazon)
- Gut Health, Coronavirus & Do We Need Supplements? | Dr. Zach Bush (podcast)
- Zach Bush MD (YouTube)
- Parent Effectiveness Training (P.E.T.) by Thomas Gordon (amazon)
- Joe Dispenza (website)
Thank you so much for listening. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be SO grateful if you could leave me a review on Apple podcasts, that way we can inspire and educate even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email [email protected] for more information.