What if there was a way of eating that could help us create optimum health, live for way longer, and protect the future of our planet too?
Today’s guest — author, podcaster, nutritionist and qualified physiotherapist Simon Hill — knows that nutrition is one of those topics that can seem massively confusing. But he’s here with good news: the science is clear. The evidence now points to a plant based lifestyle as the best way to eat to achieve the radiant health and longevity we crave. And in this inspiring, action-oriented episode, he’s here to share the agenda-free truth about the optimum diet for human health, and explain EXACTLY how to reap the benefits of ‘plant proof’ living in your own life.
Simon Hill is the founder of the hugely popular Plant Proof podcast and blog of the same name. He has a master’s degree in nutrition and is also a qualified physiotherapist. On top of his formal education, Simon spends hours and hours deciphering scientific studies so he can break down how to fuel your body to promote longevity and reduce the chance of developing disease while simultaneously achieving whatever health and fitness goals you may have. He is the plant-based food contributor to Chris Hemsworth’s fitness app, Centr, and in 2019 Simon opened a plant-based restaurant, Eden, in his Sydney neighbourhood of Bondi.
Simon is not only hugely knowledgeable on all things plant based, he also has a true gift for helping people find easy, achievable ways to make small upgrades to their diet that can lead to massive changes in their health. It’s one of the things I love most about him — and I know you’re going to love how accessible and simple he makes things too!
So if you want to find out how to eat your way to a healthier future, discover which essential nutrients can help you avoid common diseases, and hear the mind blowing truth about processed foods and why they’re so addictive, then pop in those earbuds… this one’s for you.
In this episode we chat about:
- The devastating family health crisis that led to Simon’s huge awakening around food (05:47)
- The absolute best diet for your body (and the exact percentage of wholefoods to eat for optimum health) (17:17)
- Why we can’t keep waiting for the government or society to create change (19:40)
- The truth about the corrupt food industry and the tricky 5-star rating system (22:40)
- A mind-blowing study on processed foods (and the insane gimmicks that make you addicted to eating rubbish) (27:26)
- How Simon’s body and mind have dramatically changed since becoming plant-based (31:45)
- A sneak peek into Simon’s life-changing book, ‘The Proof is in the Plants’ (35:15)
- The essential nutrients that are crucial for optimum health (and how to get more of them on your plate) (42:30)
- The Proof is in the Plants by Simon Hill (book)
- Plant Proof Podcast (website)
- Greenlights by Matthew McConaughey (amazon)
- Comparisonitis by Melissa Ambrosini (book)
- Eden Restaurant (website)
Thank you so much for listening. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be SO grateful if you could leave me a review on Apple podcasts, that way we can inspire and educate even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email [email protected] for more information.