What if the missing piece of the wellness puzzle is a radical reconnection with nature?
That’s what I’m chatting about with today’s podcast guest, the remarkable Dr Zach Bush. From our microbiome, to our response to viruses (including COVID-19), to our longevity, Dr Zach says we can improve every aspect of our wellness and vitality by reimagining our relationship with the world around us and radically reconnecting with Mother Nature. It’s a powerful message, and one that could transform the health of ourselves and the planet forever.
Zach Bush MD is a physician specializing in internal medicine, endocrinology and hospice care. He is an internationally recognized educator and thought leader on the microbiome as it relates to health, disease and food systems. He founded Seraphic Group and the non-profit Farmer’s Footprint to develop root-cause solutions for human and ecological health.
I was so excited to chat with him and hear his insights on everything from healing the gut, to glyphosate in our soil, to why so many of us are feeling so disconnected from nature. He’s a fascinating thinker with so many compelling thoughts on health and the human body. I walked away from this conversation fizzing with new ideas, and more committed than ever to collaborating with Mother Nature to cocreate epic health.
So if you want to hear his mind blowing insights on industrial farming, the best way to cope with a pandemic, and the crucial role the microbiome plays as both a predictor of and protector against illness, then pop in those earbuds… this episode is for you.
In this episode we chat about:
- Why our gut health is CRUCIAL for our overall vitality, and how our destructive behavior towards nature is putting our microbiome at risk (6:12)
- A simple and free to method to heal your gut (that nobody ever talks about) (13:10)
- His fascinating take on the lessons of COVID-19 (21:31)
- The best ways to boost our immune systems against COVID-19 (30:45)
- How we must collaborate with Mother Nature to ensure the survival of our species (39:44)
- His thoughts on supplements and how they can be used to avoid solving the true root cause of health issues (46:26)
- How entire industries have led us to be fearful of viruses and bacteria (50:07)
- The secret to endless love in life (I absolutely LOVE his take on this!) (64:47)
- Follow Zach on Instagram (Instagram)
- Subscribe to Zach’s Newsletter (website)
- Global Health Education Campaign (GoFundMe)
- Ion Biome (website)
- Farmer’s Footprint US (website)
- Call of the Reed Warbler by Charles Massy (book)
- TED Talk: The world needs all kinds of minds with Temple Grandin (YouTube)
Thank you so much for listening. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could leave me a review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire and educate even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.