It’s here! My latest book — Comparisonitis: How to Stop Comparing Yourself to Others and Be Genuinely Happy — has landed! (You can get your hands on it here.)
To celebrate its release, my handsome husband Nick Broadhurst is joining me on the show today to quiz me on the rollercoaster journey that led to me writing this book.
In this intimate, no-holds-barred conversation, we dive headfirst into what it’s like to suffer from toxic comparison and how to break the cycle for good — including my deeply personal battle with comparisonitis, the classic symptoms to look out for, why you should never compare yourself to social media influencers, why it’s CRUCIAL to talk about comparisonitis with your kids, and how curing your urge to compare can lead to more freedom, inner bliss and happiness than you’ve ever felt before.
You’ll also hear my latest pregnancy update — I’m currently 35 weeks (at the time of this recording), and I’ve had some major aha’s recently about maternity leave, the transition into motherhood, and what I want to happen if our home birth doesn’t go according to plan.
From birthing a book to birthing a baby, we go wide and deep in this inspiring, revealing conversation. So if you want to know what it takes to bring a book to life when you’re experiencing pregnancy nausea, the single biggest benefit you can expect from healing your comparisonitis, and the best thing to say when someone gives you unsolicited advice during pregnancy or ever, then pop in those earbuds… this one’s for you.
In this episode we chat about:
- My latest pregnancy update (I’m 35 weeks!). Plus: my personal thoughts on maternity leave and our emergency plan for childbirth (07:14)
- Comparisonitis is out now! The HUGE process of bringing this book to life and the beautiful intention behind it (14:43)
- Influencer influenza: Why influencers’ lives are NOT as ‘perfect’ as they seem (24:40)
- The insane ways that comparisonitis has affected both of Nick and I (including stories we’ve never shared anywhere else) (31:53)
- Do you need CPR — a.k.a. Conscious Parenting Remedies? Learn how to help your children become immune to comparisonitis (this is SO important!) (43:51)
- What to do it you receive unsolicited advice during pregnancy or ever and how to let it slide gracefully (47:00)
- The 10 classic signs of comparisonitis (and how I realised that I was suffering from it) (52:21)
- Rapid-fire questions and soaking up the time before our baby girl arrives earth side (55:37)
- Comparisonitis by Melissa Ambrosini (book)
- Open Wide by Melissa Ambrosini (book)
- Mastering Your Mean Girl by Melissa Ambrosini (book)
- The Proof is in the Plants by Simon Hill (book)
- Stay by Ronan Keating (music video)
- Nick Broadhurst on Spotify (link)
Thank you so much for listening. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be SO grateful if you could leave me a review on Apple podcasts, that way we can inspire and educate even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email [email protected] for more information.