(Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher or TuneIn)
It seems like every week, there’s a new study released finding yet another way that stress is harming us. Whether it’s emotional, environmental, nutritional or physical, we all know that stress can have a destructive impact on our mind, body and soul (not to mention our immune system, relationships, creativity… the list goes on!) It’s easy to feel powerless when it comes to stress — I mean, it’s an unavoidable part of modern life, yeah? And we all just have to put up with it slowly poisoning us… right? Not according to today’s podcast guest, Evan Brand, who is here to teach us how to rewrite our stress response, calm our nervous system and take charge of our life.
Evan is a board-certified holistic nutritionist, certified functional medicine practitioner and nutritional therapist… so you can bet your sweet tushie he knows his stuff when it comes to all things health! With his focus on addressing the underlying causes that lead to disease and depression, Evan has transformed the lives of thousands of people and helped them reclaim their energy, vitality and their life.
If you want to rewire your brain, increase your energy, and master stress once and for all, this episode is for you.
In this episode we chat about:
- His journey to becoming a functional medical practitioner (01:10)
- The long term effects of stress (01:37)
- How stress eats your brain, muscle tissue and causes leaky gut (02:12)
- Why you want to take ALL your notifications off your phone and computer (03:20)
- The 4 different types of stress and why you need to understand them (03:57)
- How the food you eat can ramp up your stress response (04:04)
- Why you need to get rid of plastic in your home (04:35)
- What nobody tells you about Crossfit and stress (04:30)
- His top tips for adrenal support (04:00)
- How to avoid energy vampires (05:00)
- The power of EFT (05:33)
- How stress affects your mood, mind and mojo (07:41)
- The link between stress and your gut (08:23)
- No-brainer tactics to eliminate stress (10:00)
- How to rewire your brain (10:02)
- The most advanced bio-hacks for stress reduction (11:42)
- Psychedelics for stress busting (12:14)
- Plus so much more!
- Infrared Sauna (website)
- Essential Oils (website)
- Cortisol Stress Level Imbalance Test Kit (Amazon)
- Evan Brand’s Podcast (podcast)
- Evan Brand on Energy Vampires (YouTube)
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) (website)
- Take the Adverse Childhood Experience Questionnaire ACE Quiz (website)
- Find Sensory Deprivation Tank & Float Tank Therapy Locations Near You (website)
- Stress Solutions by Evan Brand (Type ‘Melissa’ at checkout to get 50% off) (Amazon)
- REM Rehab Sleep Recovery (Type ‘Melissa’ at checkout to get 50% off) (books)
- The Everything Guide To Nootropics by Evan Brand (Amazon)
- Nora Gedgaudas on The Melissa Ambrosini Show (podcast episode)
- Daniel Vitalis on The Melissa Ambrosini Show (podcast episode)
- Lights Out: Sleep, Sugar, and Survival by T. S. Wiley (Amazon)
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could take 2 minutes to leave me a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email [email protected] for more information.
The information given in this chat wth Evan Brand is amazing! I love how we can switch off cortisone and heal our brains along with all the fascinating info. I’m presently 6 months into the Kultured Wellness program and this info will add so much to my healing journey.
Thanks Melissa. You find THE most interesting people to interview. Lucky us!
I am seriously obsessed with my guest’s, I LOVE them all so much. I can’t wait for you to hear more. Keep an ear out. xx
I left a comment last week not sure if you received it.
I’m just looking for clarification around this highlighted section
– What nobody tells you about Crossfit and stress (04:30)
I have listened twice and am unable to find where the detail is in the interview.
Your guest briefly makes a statement about diminishing returns for over-training and specifically says CrossFit but it is such a brief comment with zero detail and of course holding a Sports Degree myself with Strength and Conditioning qualifications and also a CrossFit coach (fit the past 8 years) I’m super interested in what it is that you don’t hear about with CrossFit? What is it that nobody tells you?
Hey Kath, thanks for your question. I asked Evan and this is what he said… ‘I’ve tested the adrenal health of over 2,000 people. Those that show up with the worst results are those who are crossfitters. I assume that this is due to the intensity and duration of the training of crossfit as compared with weight lifting where the heart rate is not as elevated. There is a longer answer to this which is probably best answered by one of my many videos on the subject, which you can watch here. Have a watch and please let me know if you have any other questions. Love Evan’. Does that help honey?
Loved this podcast Melissa. Evan was very interesting to listen to and I was jotting down a lot of notes to pass onto my friends and partner. 🙂
Melissa! An incredible podcast and so well timed! Thank you for all the amazing tips and tools to manage our stress in the modern world!
Thank YOU for tuning in sista. I am so glad you got a lot out of it. What were your top 3 key takeaways?
O my gosh, everyone needs to listen to this podcast. I’ve been tackling with so many structural issues with my body, so much so that 9months post partum with my second child, I was still recovering from public symphysis/pelvic instability, back pain, slipped disc and a rheumatologist diagnosed me with fibromyalgia. Despite following a wholefoods diet this wasn’t enough. It wasn’t until I saw a functional medicine practitioner that I discovered I had a parasite and the little bugger was causing a lot of these issues. I trusted in myself and my decision to follow a natural path to healing. My health continues to improve as we now focus on each level that comes to light (ie building immunity and balancing hormones). This needs to be preached to the world as it is the answer to why so many people have sickness, illness, inflammation etc and how they can heal themselves. Thank you for such an amazing podcast
Pleasure Amie, thank YOU for listening, being Open Wide and taking action. YOU inspire me. xx
Every time that I heard any of your podcast, its like an amazing package of inspiration, abundance and possibilities, coming from your questions, content and your guests! Thanks for sharing valuable uplifting information! 🙂
ou’re so welcome Josefina, thank YOU for listening. xx
Thanks to Evan Brand for the advice to start floating. Since we are over 2 hours from a float center we have ordered a home tank to hopefully calm my stress while helping manage my husband’s PTSD! I cannot say this modality would have been on my radar without you :>)
I have been listening to your podcast non-stop since I found it through The Soul Frequency episode you did. After listening to this episode a few weeks ago I looked into floating and found Zen Float company (http://www.zenfloatco.com/) in the US who sell at home float tanks. Thank you for all the great guests you have and the advice they all share 🙂
Pleasure Aubrey. I am so glad you love the show and thanks for tuning in each week angel. xx
I just listened to your podcast interviewing Evan Brand, & I loved it !! I learned some new cool tips, & I feel more motivated, inspired & whole ! Many thanks to both of you, keep up the great work :-))
You’re so welcome Linda. I am so glad you loved it. What are your top 3 biggest takeaways?