When someone tells you that you can reboot your metabolism and teach your body how to burn fat as your main fuel source, it’s safe to say they’d capture your attention, yeah? Well, what if they said that they could teach you how to do all that in just 21 days, and that the effects would last FOREVER? Sounds almost too good to be true, right? But today’s podcast guest, Mark Sisson — from leading Paleo blog Mark’s Daily Apple — assures us that it’s not only possible, it’s 100% achievable, and he’s here to tell us how.
Mark is a lion in the world of Paleo and primal health. A former world-class endurance athlete, he’s become one of the leading voices of the Evolutionary Health Movement and has dedicated his life to helping others reach optimal health and performance.
With his unconventional — but extremely effective — approach to health, he has paved the way for Primal enthusiasts to challenge accepted wisdom on all aspects of diet, exercise and lifestyle, inspiring them to take personal responsibility for their health and well-being. (And at 64 years of age, completely ripped, and bouncing with energy, you can tell that Mark is someone who walks their talk… and that his talk absolutely works!)
So if you are ready to unleash copious amounts of energy, kickstart your metabolism, and become a fat burning machine forever, Holy Smokes are you going to love this episode.
In this episode we chat about:
- Mark’s journey from endurance athlete to where he is today (05:19)
- Whether the keto diet is actually right for you (09:33)
- What is metabolic flexibility and why you NEED to know about it (12:12)
- How to ditch carbohydrate dependency and become a fat burning beast for good (12:58)
- Mark’s ultimate ‘how to’ for getting into ketosis — including the ideal times to train and eat (15:23)
- The importance of bio-individuality when it comes to your diet and health (19:54)
- How sleep and stress affect your metabolic rate and ability to burn fat (you do NOT want to miss what he has to say here!) (25:25)
- The ideal amount of time we need to sleep (29:20)
- Why play is the key to happiness (30:49)
- How to eat from a place of love, not fear (and why this is a game-changing mindset shift) (37:32)
- How he deals with stress (47:49)
- What (the eff!) is ‘forest bathing’ and why Mark says you should do it every day (49:16)
- Plus so much more!
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I am very honored that you are here and would love to hear your thoughts on the show, so please leave me a comment below (I read every single one). And if you loved this episode, please share it with someone you know will benefit, and on your social channels. You can also leave a 5-star review in iTunes, that way we can inspire more people together.
P.S. You should always consult a health practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you looking for an effective avenue for marketing your business or product and are interested in being a main sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show, please email email@example.com for more details.