Imagine if you knew how to confidently show up as your true, authentic self in EVERY part of your life… How liberating would that be? Instead though, many of us can lean towards covering up our true essence by putting on a mask, believing that it will make us more ‘likeable’ or help us fit in better. Today’s podcast guest, the incredible New York Times bestselling author Lewis Howes, knows all about the masks we wear. (In fact, he literally wrote the book on them!). In this episode, we’re delving deep into why we wear them, how to take them off, and why this is an essential topic to explore if you want to unlock your full potential and experience epic relationships.
Lewis’s story is pretty incredible. After achieving crazy success at just 30 years of age, he found himself wearing the ultimate mask — outwardly thriving, but profoundly unfulfilled on the inside. Not happy to settle for a life half-lived, Howes set out on a personal journey to find inner peace and to uncover the many masks that people wear. That journey led him to write The Mask of Masculinity — an odyssey of self-discovery for all modern men… and the women who love them.
This episode is a must-listen for anyone who either IS a man, loves a man (including a father, brother, or partner), or wants to better understand the role of men in our culture. (So ladies, this is one ep you should DEFINITELY slip onto your man’s iPhone!)
If you want to show up as your best self, live a life of true freedom, and connect with your partner on the most epic level imaginable, make sure you listen now.
In this episode we chat about:
- Lewis’ journey from professional footballer to New York Times bestselling author, number one podcaster, and being interviewed by Ellen (05:51)
- His next book and why he wrote The Mask of Masculinity (12:09)
- Why we all wear masks (17:02)
- Who are we without our masks (19:20)
- His top tips for relationships and how these tips have changed his life (27:15)
- Why breathing and meditation are key to epic relationships (33:52)
- Powerful strategies to free yourself from guilt and fear (32:35)
- The must-have relationship boundaries that will change your life (LOVE his take on this!) (36:37)
- How to inspire your partner to show up as the best version of themselves (37:24)
- Plus so much more!
- The School of Greatness (podcast)
- The School of Greatness by Lewis Howes (Amazon)
- Radical Honesty by Brad Blanton (Amazon)
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz (Amazon)
- The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman (Amazon)
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho (Amazon)
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could take 2 minutes to leave me a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email [email protected] for more information.