The relationship of your dreams… is it possible? Can you consciously create it? And most importantly of all, can it last over the long term?
To help answer these questions, I’m joined today by our most frequently requested podcast guest. Without fail, every episode he appears on rapidly gets added to our ‘most downloaded ever’ list and generates a flurry of feedback and rave reviews. Yep, I’m talking about the one and only Nick Broadhurst — musician, recording artist, father, and my beautiful husband.
Today we’re pulling back the curtains on what we’ve learned from our seven years of marriage, to give you the tools and strategies that will help you create the deeply passionate and divinely connected partnership of your dreams. Whether you’re already in a long term committed relationship, are just starting one, or are in the process of calling in your soul mate, the insights and techniques we share in this very special episode can change the relationship game for you (and your partner) forever.
So if you want to discover the surprisingly simple habits that lead to extraordinary relationships, the genius tricks that will help you permanently end the cycle of frustration and fighting, and our epic secrets for making the honeymoon phase last forever, then pop in those earbuds… this one’s for you.
In this episode we chat about:
- The most important lessons we’ve learned from seven years of marriage, and our secrets for making love last — even when life feels hard (05:44)
- A quick update on life-after-baby: what we’re doing, what we’re learning, and the important areas where we’re levelling up right now (08:00)
- How to be the bigger person after a fight, even when it feels really hard — and why this one step can transform your relationship more than any other (12:36)
- How to understand *exactly* what your partner is seeking in any moment, and how to embody it for them (20:16)
- The tricks and techniques we swear by to avoid arguments and bickering (35:01)
- The ‘glue’ theory and how to hold your relationship together through intimacy (40:18)
- Why we make room for play every day, and how it can transform your connection with your partner (42:28)
- The simple but powerful ritual we do to strengthen our relationship (44:35)
- Question: Are you truly taking responsibility for your own health and happiness? Here’s how to tell (and how to level up fast, if you need to) (48:36)
- Our genius technique for releasing expectations and healing frustration (51:44)
- The super-common and highly destructive relationship habit (that SO many people fall into) that erodes trust and destroys intimacy — and how to avoid it (54:45)
- Open Wide by Melissa Ambrosini (book)
- How To Find ‘The One’ With My Husband Nick Broadhurst (podcast)
- Nick Broadhurst (Spotify)
- Sean Angus Watson (Spotify)
- Comparisonitis by Melissa Ambrosini (book)
- Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus by John Gray (amazon)
- Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus With John Gray (podcast)
- Get More Done With Less Stress With David Allen (podcast)
- Things on the App Store (app)
- Getting Things Done by David Allen (amazon)
- Your Burning Questions Answered About Conscious Conception & Pregnancy (podcast)
- The Way of The Superior Man by David Deida (amazon)
- Dear Lover by David Deida (amazon)
Thank you so much for listening. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be SO grateful if you could leave me a review on Apple podcasts, that way we can inspire and educate even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email [email protected] for more information.