What if the secret to getting more done wasn’t to push harder… but to relax? That’s the message from today’s podcast guest — bestselling author and productivity guru, David Allen.
When it comes to radically increasing your productivity, nobody knows more than David. Widely recognized as a world authority on both personal and organizational productivity, his work has literally changed the lives of millions of people around the globe, and his bestselling book — Getting Things Done — was named “the definitive business self-help book of the decade” by no less than Time Magazine.
Pretty impressive, right?!
So you can bet your sweet patootie that I was BEYOND pumped to sit down with David to find out how we can hack our productivity, get more done, and crush our to-do lists.
But if you’re expecting the same old advice about ‘hustling’ and ‘working harder’, think again: David’s decades of research centre around one simple truth: that our rate of productivity is directly proportional to our ability to relax.
… Aaahh! Sounds like my cup of (chamomile) tea!
So if you’d love to know how to ditch the overwhelm, alleviate stress and chaos, and get more done — with more calm and clarity — than ever before… then pop in those ear buds, baby! You’re in for a treat.
In this episode we chat about:
- His journey and how he got to where he is today (06:49)
- The inspiration behind his wildly success productivity system and bestselling book Getting Things Done (09:19)
- The 5 stages of mastering workflow (11:33)
- The biggest thing holding you back from super productivity (14:30)
- The power of creating space and why you need to learn how to ‘braindump’ (17:13)
- The secret to finding focus and getting in a state of flow (19:55)
- How to prioritize your tasks (and why this is so essential) (28:19)
- How your intuition influences your productivity (35:04)
- Why we procrastinate — and how to stop it (for good) (36:40)
- How to create new habits (44:48)
- Plus so much more!
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I am very honored that you are here and would love to hear your thoughts on the show, so please leave me a comment below (I read every single one). And if you loved this episode, please share it with someone you know will benefit, and on your social channels. You can also leave a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire more people together.
This week’s podcast is brought to you by Sunlighten. If you follow me on Instagram, you’ll know I love spending time in my infrared sauna. I want to be the best version of myself, which is why infrared saunas have become an indispensable part of my health routine. They’re an amazing way for me to rest, rejuvenate, rebuild and heal both my body and mind. Since becoming a regular user, I’ve noticed significant benefits in my body — such as my skin being clearer than ever, and some niggling aches and pains I’d had for years calming down. The best part, though, is that I always feel bursting with energy when I get out. That’s why my husband and I both try to jump in every few days to soak up the goodness! Head to www.sunlighten.com.au/melissa and mention the code word MELISSA AMBROSINI in your enquiry to receive your $500 gift voucher.