During my pre-conception journey, there was one particular metric I was watching because I knew from testing it was consistently lower than optimal…
This is a crucial hormone that amongst many other things allows your body to hold the baby full term. Very important!
For me, this hormone has been low for several reasons, one of which is stress. When I take on too much work or commitments I can tend to feel very ‘cortisoly’ like my body is really struggling to let get off the stress hormones.
Stress and progesterone are not friends. Yep, that’s one of my lessons in life. To let go and not take on too much. Damn pitta overachiever I am! But I can tell you since week 6 my progesterone has been actually quite high which is amazing and my hCG has been through the roof… hello morning/all-day nausea!
Week 8 Resources
- Prenatal yoga Down Dog (app)
- Dr Stephen Cabral (website)
- The Secret To Healing Your Hormones with Dr Afrouz Demeri (podcast episode)
- Dr Afrouz Demeri Trimester Zero Program (program)
- Anna’s Wild Yam Cream (buy)
- Well Adjusted Babies by Dr Jennifer Barham-Floreani (Amazon)
- The Mama Natural by Genevieve Howland (Amazon)
- Eating Your Placenta & Natural Birthing with Genevieve Howland (podcast episode)
- Our acupuncturist Miriam Drescher (website)
- Oura Ring (buy)
- Lavender Essential Oil by doTERRA – Get 25% off (buy)