I’m flying solo today with a very personal, intimate podcast episode!
These past few months of maternity leave have been a deeply nourishing and precious time for me, Baby B and our little family. As I start dipping my toes back into the world beyond our nest, I thought it was high time I gave you a life update of where I’m at and what’s going on.
So join me for this solo deep-dive, where I’m digging into all the insider details of our life right now — including what it was like to promote my latest book, Comparisonitis, with a baby in my arms, how Nick and I are navigating life with a newborn, what my breastfeeding journey has looked like (including the hurdles I’ve had to overcome, and my must-follow tips for any new mamas out there!), and even how my relationship with my inner Mean Girl has changed since the birth of our little girl.
I’m also delving deep into how I structured my postpartum recovery period. This is such an important topic, and it’s one that is not talked about anywhere near enough. The unique approach I took ensured that my baby and I had all the time and space we needed to bond, while my mind, body and soul got the rest and nourishment they needed to recover and evolve during this sacred time of transition from maiden to mother. Tune in to hear about the practitioners who’ve been rocking my world (and soothing my soul), the support network I put into place to be our ‘village’, how I had to get okay with asking for and receiving help, and how I’ve learned to adapt my daily routines and rhythms now that Baby B is here. (If you or anyone you know is pregnant, thinking about getting pregnant, or might want to have a baby one day in the future, listen to this episode now and bookmark it for later, so that you know *exactly* how to help yourself or your friends when the time comes.)
So, beautiful — if you want to hear the unvarnished truth about life with a newborn, get the inside scoop on the bodywork sessions I’m loving right now, learn how to call in your own village of supportive soul sisters, and discover how to step into your power as a warrior goddess, then pop in those earbuds… this one’s for you.
In this episode we chat about:
- My deliciously slow return from maternity leave (and what it’s like to birth a book and a baby in the same week!) (03:52)
- The postpartum recovery plan I followed for 40 days after giving birth (and the specific strategies that I now swear by and tell all my pregnant friends about!) (06:02)
- The life-changing magic of asking for and receiving help (10:13)
- The meal plan I followed to nourish my body and avoid postnatal depletion (15:23)
- The healing practices I’m loving right now that have radically accelerated my body’s recovery and my soul’s transition into motherhood (20:22)
- What my meditation practice looks like with a baby (23:52)
- The lessons Baby B is teaching me about mastering my inner Mean Girl (26:26)
- Want to be the best friend ever?! Here’s how to support and nourish the new mothers in your life on a soul-deep level (28:54)
- Comparisonitis by Melissa Ambrosini (book)
- Mastering Your Mean Girl by Melissa Ambrosini (book)
- Conscious Divorce, Sex After Baby, Cutting Ties With Family Members, Favourite Breakfasts & More | Melissa & Nick (podcast)
- Meal Train | Meal Calendar for New Parents, Surgery, Illness and More (website)
- Wild Grace Healing (website)
- Noosa Family Chiropractic (website)
- My Favorite essential oils – get them 25% off (website)
- How to make your own padsicles (website)
- How to make your own sitz bath (website)
- Health Management Centre Osteopaths (website)
- Breastfeeding chair (website)
Thank you so much for listening. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be SO grateful if you could leave me a review on Apple podcasts, that way we can inspire and educate even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email [email protected] for more information.