Does it feel like you keep falling into the same negative patterns in your life? Or like you can’t seem to change the way you react to something or someone, no matter how hard you try? Or maybe there’s a certain aspect of your personality that you’ve had since childhood, and now, it’s just getting in your way?
If you relate, it might be time to rewire your ‘source code’…
Joining me on the show today is psychologist Dr Sam Rader, founder of Source Code Psychology — the therapeutic practice of identifying the unconscious algorithms behind our negative patterns and re-writing them for a healthier, more beautiful life.
Dr Sam, a practicing psychologist with 18 years of clinical experience and author of an upcoming book, believes that in our first five years of life, our experiences write a ‘source code’ in our unconscious, which then determines the way that the rest of our life unfolds.
In this powerful conversation, Dr Sam is teaching us how to rewire that source code, so that we can stop reverting to the coping patterns we picked up in childhood (which are no longer serving us), and instead, intentionally create the psychological foundations for the best version of ourselves to emerge.
This is a must-listen episode. If you want to know how to understand and use the powerful tool that is your mind more effectively, and to step out of the repetitive behaviours, beliefs, and relationship patterns that are keeping you stuck, you’re going to absolutely LOVE this conversation.
It’s also essential listening for all parents who want to break the cycle of psychological and spiritual suffering with their own children, and help them build a robust, resilient psyche from the get-go.
So if you want to learn how to decipher the unconscious code that’s been holding you back, how to rewire it so that you can effortlessly be the best version of yourself, and how to begin the process of emergence into who you really are, then pop in those earbuds… this one’s for you.
In this episode we chat about:
- How Dr Sam got into her current work as a depth psychologist and why the first five years of our life determines how we see the world (03:07)
- The amazing ways that newborns relate to their parents and what happens when there’s a communication error (07:13)
- Understanding the unconscious defense mechanisms that we adopt during childhood (a.k.a. the 12 coping styles) and how to change that wiring as an adult (11:26)
- Powerful psychological techniques to tune in with your baby, plus how to deeply understand your children’s needs (22:55)
- The transformational healing power of ‘The Holy Shift’ (and how you can use it to be the best version of yourself) (28:05)
- Why looking outside yourself is a recipe for unhappiness, and how to shift your mindset to look inwards instead (33:47)
- Why surrendering to your feelings instead of resisting them is a shortcut to huge personal growth (39:30)
- Dr Sam’s epic daily routine that sets her up for success and mental resilience (and you simply *have* to hear her singing voice — it’s incredible!) (45:05)
- Dr. Sam Rader (website)
- Savage Chocolate (website)
- Charles Eisenstein (website)
- The More Beautiful World Our Hearts Know Is Possible (Amazon)
- The Story Of A More Beautiful World w/ Charles Eisenstein (podcast)
- Dr Joe Dispenza Morning Meditation (video)
- Insight Timer (meditations)
Thank you so much for listening. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be SO grateful if you could leave me a review on Apple podcasts, that way we can inspire and educate even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email [email protected] for more information.