Thinking about your death NOW — even if you’re young and healthy — can change your life. That’s the message from today’s podcast guest, Yasemin Trollope. In this episode, she’s sharing the wisdom and insights she’s learned from working with hundreds of dying, grieving or bereaved individuals, so that we can bring death out of the shadows, enrich the time we’ve got left in these earth-suits, and create meaningful celebrations when the people we love pass.
Yasemin Trollope has disrupted the funeral industry. After bravely stepping away from her career as a beauty and wellness writer, she pursued her soul’s calling — something she never expected she’d devote her life to: planning unforgettable funerals and end-of-life events.
Through her business, Rite of Passage Funerals, Yasemin helps families create meaningful, personalised and impactful ceremonies that use ritual, intention and creativity to shift the paradigm of what funerals ‘should’ look like, and reimagine the reality of death and dying.
So if you want to find out how to design an enlightened funeral for someone you love, how to preserve your essence even after transitioning, and why planning for your own passing is so incredibly important, then pop in those earbuds… this one’s for you.
In this episode we chat about:
- The unusual story that saw her follow her passion, reimagine death and funerals, and disrupt an entire industry (08:28)
- Why it’s so valuable to think about your death NOW — even if you’re completely healthy (plus: the life-changing concept of conscious dying) (12:28)
- Why accepting death can lead to a richer appreciation of life (14:41)
- How to create a sacred ceremony around someone’s passing (and why conscious funerals are so powerful for healing and remembering) (17:14)
- What is a spiritual will, and why planning for your passing can be the greatest gift you leave your loved ones (19:43)
- Does death really bring gifts and lessons? The truth, from someone who sees death and dying every day (26:37)
- A simple and effective two-step protection ritual to perform before you step out into any situation (30:35)
- How to preserve your essence even after transitioning, honor your legacy in life, and have a safe conversation with your loved ones around death (even if they feel uncomfortable) (36:42)
- What is a death doula (47:57)
- Plus so much more!
4 Heart-Centred Steps to Writing Your Spiritual Will
How To Create an Unforgettable Funeral
The Language of Emotions by Karla McLaren
The Top Five Regrets of the Dying by Bronnie Ware
Bronnie Ware: Beyond the 5 Regrets of the Dying
White Light Meditation
How To Use Emotional Freedom Technique For Greater Health & Happiness With Nick Ortner
Never Get Sick Again With Wim Hof
Stress, Trauma & Exorcism: The Missing Link to Heal Your Body & Mind With Dr John Amaral
Superman’s Not Coming by Erin Brockovich
Silent Spring by Rachel Carson
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could take 2 minutes to leave me a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire even more people together.
This episode is brought to you by Magnesium Breakthrough by BiOptimizers. For 10% off with the code MELISSA, head to www.magbreakthrough.com/melissa today.