What if the key to epic health, mental mastery and complete control of your immune system was as simple as breathing deeply and getting a bit cold?
That’s not a pipe dream. According to today’s guest — none other than Wim Hof, aka “The Iceman” — it’s scientific fact. And as you’d expect from a world-leading health expert with fans like Tim Ferriss, Jim Carrey, and Laird Hamilton, he’s got the data to prove it.
A household name for health and wellness buffs, Wim is famous for his signature breathwork technique (The Wim Hof Method), his incredible fitness feats under extreme conditions (like climbing Mount Kilimanjaro in shorts), and his superhuman ability to withstand cold.
In 2012, a team of Dutch university researchers tested Wim’s blood and found that like he’d been saying, he could indeed control his immune system on demand, thereby fighting off an array of diseases and bacteria. Even more excitingly, two years later, researchers did a study on 12 students of the Wim Hof Method, injecting them with a toxin that would normally cause flu-like symptoms. Instead of getting sick, however, these deep-breathing converts fought off the toxin and were barely fazed.
Immunity on demand is just one of the amazing topics we dig into in this epic conversation. It was truly a mind-bending chat, in the best possible way. Nick and I have been fans of Wim’s work for a long time — so it was truly an honour to chat with this visionary genius, and find out the practical things we can all be doing to radically improve our health and life.
So if you want to find out the action steps you can take RIGHT NOW to radically improve your immune system, take control of your stress hormones, and alter your brain chemistry to beat depression, then pop in those earbuds… this one’s for you.
In this episode we chat about:
- The best way to boost your immune system and reduce inflammation (10:42)
- The real reason Wim created his method and how it healed him from depression and grief (16:41)
- How to overcome depression and control your emotions to achieve anything (19:52)
- His genius method for moving through fear (I absolutely LOVE his take on this) (24:54)
- How to master your mind and why everyone is capable of extraordinary feats (31:47)
- The quickest and cheapest way to decrease stress and increase strength (34:09)
- The life changing technique that will allow you to achieve absolutely anything you put your mind to. (Really.) (43:50)
- How to upgrade the chemistry of your body and mind on demand, to improve your health, energy and mood (47:21)
- Why it is essential to let your kids be exposed to nature (and why it’s crucial to allow them to follow their gut instinct) (56:19)
- Plus so much more!
- The Wim Hof Method by Wim Hof (Amazon)
- Wim Hof Method app (website)
- Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach (Amazon)
- Siddartha by Herman Hesse (Amazon)
- What Doesn’t Kill Us by Scott Carney (Amazon)
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could take 2 minutes to leave me a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email [email protected] for more information.