How do we raise kids who are curious, creative and independent? How can we make our experience of parenthood more joyful, ease-filled and mindful? And is there a way to respect the rhythms and individuality of each child, so that they can thrive as their truest, fullest selves?
Simone Davies, a world renowned author, educator and Montessori expert, says that the answer to all these questions (and more) may be found in the Montessori model of learning and parenting.
And in this episode — which is ESSENTIAL listening for anyone who has kids, wants kids, or simply wants to better understand the little humans in their life — Simone is here to show us how easy it is to implement Montessori principles at home to create a beautiful and nourishing environment of curiosity, learning, respect, and discovery for the whole family.
Tune in to discover: the STRIKING difference between children in a Montessori environment versus those in other schools, the learning principles that can help foster next-level creativity and curiosity in your child, the truth about Montessori floor beds, busting through some common myths, cultivating your child’s sense of autonomy, and how to transform your experience of parenthood to radically amp up your levels of joy, ease and wonder.
About Simone Davies
Simone Davies is the author of “The Montessori Toddler” and co-author of “The Montessori Baby”, comprehensive guides to raising toddlers and infants in a Montessori way. The books are based on her 15+ years experience working as an AMI Montessori teacher in Sydney and in Amsterdam. She also has a popular blog, instagram and podcast “The Montessori Notebook”. She is also mother to two young adults. Simone currently runs parent-child Montessori classes in Amsterdam at her school Jacaranda Tree Montessori and is working on another book with Junnifa Uzodike, “The Montessori Child” for children from 3-12 years.
In this episode we chat about:
- The three main reasons why the Montessori school model leads to such remarkable outcomes for kids (1:00)
- The fascinating life story of Dr. Maria Montessori, the Italian physician who created this revolutionary education system (7:30)
- The STRIKING difference between children in a Montessori environment versus those in traditional schools (10:08)
- The Montessori principles that are helping kids to develop a richer (and safer!) understanding of the world (13:34)
- Everything you need to know about the Montessori floor bed and how it helps babies to become more independent (17:51)
- How do kids transition to a regular school after being in the Montessori system? (24:22)
- Is it true that Montessori children can do whatever they want? (Plus: beautiful, nourishing Montessori principles to try at home) (27:27)
- Want to improve your child’s sense of autonomy? Try this! (38:26)
- What’s the difference between Montessori and Steiner models? (46:14)
- Considering Montessori for your children? This is why it makes parenting an easier and more joyful experience! (51:40)
- The Montessori Toddler by Simone Davies (book)
- The Montessori Baby by Simone Davies & Junnifa Uzodike (book)
- The Montessori Notebook Podcast with Simone Davies (podcast)
- The Whole-Brain Child by Daniel J. Siegel and Tina Payne Bryson (book)
- Change Your Brain, Change Your Life | Dr. Dan Siegel (podcast)
Thank you so much for listening. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be SO grateful if you could leave me a review on Apple podcasts, that way we can inspire and educate even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email [email protected] for more information.