How do you make new friends as an adult?
How do you create rewarding, fulfilling, aligned friendships — either with friends you already have, or with new like-minded people?
What’s the best way to navigate the complexities of friendship — including disagreements, feeling left out, misalignment of values, and being at different life stages?
To answer these questions, I’m doing something I’ve never done before. I’m bringing two of my real life soul sisters onto the show to share the real life strategies we use to nourish, nurture, maintain and grow our friendship. (What better way to share my own approach to friendships than to share our actual real life friendship with you?!)
Sally Jane Douglas and Tamsyn Neill are the two dear soulies joining me for this juicy, intimate, and deeply personal two-part conversation — which also packs a hefty punch of practical tips and inspiration.
Tune in to Part One to hear the incredible story of how we met, how we knew we’d be a great fit for each other, how we navigate any differences or difficulties that may arise in our relationship, what we do when someone feels left out, how CCC (Crystal Clear Communication) is the secret weapon that allows our friendship to thrive, how marriage and babies have impacted our connection (and how we handle being at different life stages from each other), the power of asking the right questions, mastering the art of showing up for your friends, and so much more.
This episode is the next best thing to being on a real life juice-date with the three of us. It’s a beautiful ‘fly on the wall’ conversation, where you get to hear us as we really are — raw and unfiltered, while we share our best tips, our intimate insights, along with plenty of belly laughs… I hope you love listening as much as we loved recording this for you.
About Sally Jane Douglas
Sally is a Women’s Empowerment Mentor and Feminine Embodiment Coach with over 15 years of experience working with and supporting women.
She is deeply committed to empowering women to develop the inner confidence and self trust to overcome self doubt and second guessing that keeps them feeling stuck and disconnected from themselves.
Sally compassionately guides women to reconnect with themselves and align with their truth so they can live their fullest potential and flourish in all areas of their lives.
About Tamsyn Neill
Tamsyn is a plant based recipe developer, mental health advocate, health and wellness educator, and lover of all things ethical, sustainable, and natural living.
Tamsyn guides and supports others in transitioning to a more connected lifestyle, powered by plants and nature, through her brand wellness Salty Peaches.
Her work is deeply rooted in creating ways to embrace an abundant life, glowing health, and sustainable way of being, by sharing delicious recipes, tips, and tools, that have supported her throughout her journey to vibrant health and happiness.
In this episode we chat about:
- Do you believe in love at first sight?! The beautiful story of how we met (and how we knew we were destined to be besties!) (5:55)
- What happens when you outgrow a friend? Hear our take on closing out a friendship (11:16)
- The qualities that are MOST important if you want a friendship based on trust and support, where you can be fully yourself (20:50)
- Mastering the art of showing up for your friends (one of the most important life-skills you can ever build) (30:34)
- Our genius tips for starting conversations with new people, digging beneath the surface, asking irresistible questions and overcoming social nerves (41:26)
- The ten crucial steps for nourishing your friendships and creating beautiful connections (46:00)
- What we do to manage the feeling of not being included (and how to ask for what you want without guilt or fear) (55:20)
- What happens when you disagree with your friends? The ultimate guide to navigating major differences in points of view. (If the past few years have revealed difficulties in some of your relationships, you will LOVE these insights) (01:01:46)
- How we approach friendship when we are at different stages of life. (This is a MUST LISTEN for anyone who’s felt separation within their friendships due to marriage / kids / etc!) (01:05:07)
Thank you so much for listening. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be SO grateful if you could leave me a review on Apple podcasts, that way we can inspire and educate even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.