Do you have a hard time letting go of the relationships that don’t serve you, the labels that restrict you, and the pressure to be the “best” at everything you do?
When was the last time you put YOURSELF above everything else in your life? When was the last time you asked yourself, “what do I really need?”
To get right into the thick of it, without filters, I’ve asked my dear friend Sophie Jaffe to come back on the show. In today’s conversation you’ll hear a real and honest conversation about motherhood, entrepreneurship, breaking up with friends, marriage, releasing ourselves of mama guilt, moving through hard things and so much more.
Tune into this wildly inspiring conversation to get her insights on what to do when you’re faced with an identity crisis, navigating a business and babies and how to do both, how to ask for support, why it’s so important to fill yourself up first, moving through friendship breakups with strength, how she’s moving through hard things (and you can too!), and what it means to live life FULL OUT.
About Sophie Jaffe
Sophie Jaffe is a Los Angeles-based health and wellness expert, superfood entrepreneur, co-host of the IGNTD podcast, yoga teacher and mother to three beautiful children. Sophie founded her superfood company and wellness brand, Philosophie, with the goal of making it easier, more inspiring, and more delicious to attain optimal health and radiant wellness.
She preaches intuition with everything she does: intuitive eating, intuitive movement, intuitive living. Through her holistic approach to wellbeing, Sophie has learned that total well-being begins with total nourishment.
In this episode we chat about:
- How to move through an identity crisis (04:20)
- Self-care tools and rituals to help you move through challenging times with strength, grace and joy (08:36)
- The beautiful dance between parenting and being working mama, and practical tips to support you (14:49)
- Experienced mama guilt? Sophie shares her golden rule to overcome it — hint: it starts with you (21:52)
- How to find alignment between a successful career and building a family because you *can* absolutely have both (27:33)
- Everything you need to start getting the support you need and steps you can take (33:21)
- How to align your friendships, finding new ones as an adult and nurturing the ones that fill you up (44:06)
- Ready to let go of a relationship no longer serving you? Here’s helpful insights to detaching yourself from the relationships that don’t support you anymore (49:16)
- Recognizing and understanding different attachment styles and how to move through the hurt and hardship of friendship break ups (56:48)
- What To Do When Your Partner Cheats With Adi & Sophie Jaffe | The Melissa Ambrosini Show (podcast)
- A Real Marriage Story: Soulmates, Cheating and True Intimacy with Melissa Ambrosini and Nick Broadhurst | IGNTD (podcast)
- How To Break Up With Friends, How To Be A Better Friend & How To Call In More Meaningful Friendships With Erin Falconer | The Melissa Ambrosini Show (podcast)
- How to Break Up with Your Friends: Finding Meaning, Connection, and Boundaries in Modern Friendships by Erin Falconer (book)
- Braiding Sweetgrass by Robin Wall Kimerer (book)
- Uplevel Your Life: Yoga & Transformation Retreat (website)
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz (book)
- Sophie Jaffe (website)
Thank you so much for listening. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be SO grateful if you could leave me a review on Apple podcasts, that way we can inspire and educate even more people together.
Introducing The Melissa Ambrosini Show+
Did you know you can get ad-free listening, a bonus up close and personal pump-you-up weekly motivational episode with me, and a bonus Q&A episode with Nick and me where we answer your burning questions? You can join…
- Zen+ to get totally ad-free listening.
- Motivate+ to get ad-free listening and a weekly exclusive motivational episode that includes a deep dive into what’s going on in my personal life, businesses, my favorite new discoveries, health and life hacks and so much more.
- VIP+ to get ad-free listening, as well as everything in Motivate+, and an intimate monthly Q&A episode where Nick and I answer all your burning questions on ANYTHING. it’s a private space so no holds barred here my friend!
Choosing your membership takes 30 seconds, costs less than a green juice per month, and you can listen on your favorite podcast app!