What’s the best way to nurture our friendships to ensure they stay healthy and aligned?
How can we make new friends as adults, and deepen the connections we already have?
And for the love of raw chocolate brownies, WHAT should we do when a friendship turns unhealthy?!
To answer all these questions, I’m joined by the incredible Erin Falconer, associate psychotherapist and author of one of the best books I’ve ever read about friendship, ‘How To Break-Up With Your Friends’.
Tune in to this hugely inspiring episode to hear the crucial qualities of a great friend (and how to be one yourself), why releasing friendships that no longer serve you does NOT have to be a negative experience, how to understand the different levels of friendship (and how to strengthen the most essential ones), the secret to making new friends as an adult, Erin’s wildly effective tips for manifesting new friends in your life, how to know when it’s time to “break up” with a friend, the must-know parenting principles to set your kids up for a lifetime of strong, safe friendships, and why it’s okay (in fact, why it’s awesome!) to have a tight inner circle of truly aligned friends, rather than a vast network.
About Erin Falconer
Erin Falconer is an author, digital entrepreneur and associate psychotherapist. In 2018, she released the critically acclaimed self-improvement/female empowerment book, How To Get Shit Done: Why Women Need To Stop Doing Everything So They Can Achieve Anything. Since 2008, she has been the editor-in-chief and co-owner of PickTheBrain. In 2017, Erin launched the PickTheBrain Podcast which ranks consistently in the top 20 in the Heath and Self-Improvement categories on iTunes and in 2019 was featured on the iTunes homepage, twice. Forbes Magazine named Falconer’s blog one of the “Top 100 Most Influential Sites for Women. Erin is also the co-founder of LEAFtv a video lifestyle brand for the Millennial woman. In 2015, LEAFtv was sold to publicly traded Demand Media – now trading as The Leaf Group.
Erin has been heralded as one of the most influential female voices online, designated one of the Top Digital Entrepreneurs in Los Angeles by LA Confidential Magazine as well as being honored by Cadillac & Refinery 29 as one of “Top 7 Women Changing the Digital Landscape for Good.” In 2014, The Wall Street Journal included Erin in their prestigious “Women of Note.” In 2018 she was recognized as an “Architect of Change,” by Maria Shriver. Erin’s new book, How To Break-Up With Your Friends was released January, 2022.
In this episode we chat about:
- The pivotal moment when Erin’s framework for friendship was flipped on its head (4:15)
- Creating space for meaningful connections and setting healthy boundaries (and why meaningful relationships are actually good for your body!) (8:40)
- Understanding the different levels of friendship — and why it can be so incredibly nourishing to keep a small and close inner circle (14:31)
- Take this amazing exercise to recalibrate your relationships, set your non-negotiables, and prioritize the friendships that nurture you the most (22:43)
- The wildly effective manifestation principles that will help you call in your dream soul sisters (29:46)
- Struggling with deep conversations with your friends? Here are some tips that will help you connect on a soul level (36:20)
- What does it REALLY mean to recognize the end of a relationship? (Plus: why endings do NOT have to be a negative experience) (44:55)
- How to set your kids up so that their childhood friendships are strong and safe (50:05)
- Do Less But Achieve More With Erin Falconer (podcast)
- How to Break Up with Your Friends by Erin Falconer (book)
Thank you so much for listening. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be SO grateful if you could leave me a review on Apple podcasts, that way we can inspire and educate even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.