Hands up if you sometimes feel guilty that you’re not doing enough? Yeah, me too. So many of us fall into this trap. If we’re not pushing our hardest — whether it’s at work, in the gym, in our relationships, on the yoga mat — we feel like we’re not living our best lives, and our inner Mean Girl starts piping up with some pretty stinky self-talk. Today’s podcast guest, author Erin Falconer, has a revolutionary idea for those of us feeling overscheduled and overwhelmed: what if we stopped trying to do everything so we could start achieving anything?
Erin Falconer is the editor in chief and co-owner of the hugely popular self-improvement site ‘Pick The Brain’, as well as the author of this year’s must-read ‘How to Get Sh*t Done’. She’s been making waves in the online world since 2008, and was recently named one of Refinery29’s Top 10 Women Changing the Digital Landscape for Good.
Erin’s message is simple: the current models of productivity aren’t serving us. In fact, they’re leading to stress, guilt, fatigue, overwhelm and burnout… so we need to choose differently.
In this episode, she delivers practical steps and clear takeaways you can implement in your own life to help you do less… while achieving more.
If you’re ready to ditch the endless hustle, relinquish the guilt, and actually FEEL GOOD while achieving your goals, this hugely inspiring conversation is for you.
In this episode we chat about:
- Her journey from crying on the bathroom floor to where she is today (04:38)
- The key to taking action and getting s#*t done (09:35)
- The powerful exercise to do less in your life and career but achieve more (15:00)
- How to move through and beat procrastination (17:14)
- How to stay motivated and find your flow (20:00)
- The 2 surprising things that will help you get organised so you can be highly productive (24:41)
- How to achieve more of what your heart desires (31:50)
- Why you need to quit comparing yourself and let go of perfectionism (36:30)
- The 3 powerful personality traits she attributes her success to (38:11)
- How motherhood has changed her (42:14)
- Plus so much more!
Pick the Brain
How to Get Sh*t Done by Erin Falconer
Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg
Pick the Brain Podcast
Erin Falconer on Instagram
Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell
Blink by Malcolm Gladwell
Rock Star Productivity by Erin Falconer
Open Wide by Melissa Ambrosini
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I am very honored that you are here and would love to hear your thoughts on the show, so please leave me a comment below (I read every single one). And if you loved this episode, please share it with someone you know will benefit, and on your social channels. You can also leave a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a soul sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show, please email email@example.com for more details.