Can a relationship ever truly recover once the trust has been broken? Today’s podcast guest, husband and wife team Adi and Sophie Jaffe, say it can. After overcoming Adi’s sex addiction and infidelity, this power couple have forged a new and stronger bond together, creating a relationship where they can BOTH heal and thrive. And in this revealing conversation, they’re sharing their best tips for how to ignite your own relationship — including how to heal old wounds, repair broken trust, and practice radical transparency.
Adi Jaffe PhD is a world-renowned specialist in mental health, addiction, and shame. Sophie Jaffe is a health and wellness expert who shares with her millions of followers how to live a life full of unbounded bliss and balance. Together they are the power couple behind the IGNTD podcast. They provide honest information, powerful conversations and useful tools so their audience can overcome challenges and transform their lives. Their most popular episode is when they bared all about their relationship and told their own story of broken trust, shame, and infidelity. Hundreds of individuals and couples have shared with them how their honesty and radical transparency has given them the only semblance of hope in their own lives and relationships. They continue their work together and through IGNTD, with the mission to lower the divorce rate across the globe and help people live their most ignited lives.
Adi and Sophie are honest and raw in this conversation. It’s truly humbling to speak to a couple who are so committed to ‘walking their walk’ and consciously embodying radical transparency at every opportunity.
So if you want to learn what it’s *really* like to be married to a sex addict, as well as how to overcome trust issues, heal from infidelity, and build a relationship that’s stronger than ever, then pop in those earbuds… this one’s for you.
In this episode we chat about:
- Their dramatic love story full of cheating, addiction, shame, lies and guilt and how they moved through it (06:22)
- How to move past cheating and be better than ever (16:39)
- The things that will harm your relationship (20:13)
- The brave and vulnerable thing Adi did that changed the course of their relationship (21:22)
- Why radical transparency and crystal clear communication could be more effective than any couple’s therapy (26:15)
- How literally putting themselves in the other one’s shoes deepened their relationship and understanding of each other (28:24)
- Why removing judgement and letting go of hurtful beliefs will help you connect deeper with your partner (35:34)
- How to nurture your relationship so it can thrive (47:13)
- How to keep love and spontaneity alive after so many years together (51:29)
- What to do if you discover that you’ve been cheated on (57:16)
- Plus so much more!
- Philosophie Website (website)
- IGNTD Podcast (podcast)
- IGNTD Courses (website)
- What It’s Like to Be Married to a Sex Addict (podcast episode)
- What I Learned From My Husband’s Sex Addiction (article)
- The Abstinence Myth by Adi Jaffe (Amazon)
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz and Janet Mills (Amazon)
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley (Amazon)
- 1984 by George Orwell (Amazon)
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could take 2 minutes to leave me a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email [email protected] for more information.