Words can’t quite do this episode justice. You just need to experience the potency and profundity of Dr Zach Bush MD for yourself — his voice in your earbuds, his wisdom flooding your consciousness, his insights landing with such clarity, it’s as if you’ve just taken off a pair of scratched-up glasses and can finally see the world clearly for the first time.
I honestly didn’t think it was possible to top his first appearance on the show, but somehow, he did. This is, quite simply, one of the most memorable conversations I’ve ever had — not just on this podcast, but in my entire life.
In this episode, with thoughtfulness, curiosity and compelling science, Dr Bush dives deep into the health of humanity, why we need to flood our lives with as much light as possible, and the inherent healing power of this planet we call home.
Tune in to discover the profound realisation that’s transformed his spiritual outlook, why the food chain we rely on for nourishment is fundamentally broken, the health blocks that stop so many people from achieving true wellbeing, how to create an inner terrain that allows your microbiome to thrive, the possibilities for a new humanity post-pandemic, the scary truth about soil degradation (and what we can do about it), why your cells are the surprising bridge between the spiritual and physical worlds, and why the answers to our modern lifestyle problems are found in a radical return to nature, beauty, and sustainability.
I loved every nanosecond of this conversation. In the days after recording this interview, I found myself stopping again and again to catch my breath as yet another of his insights would suddenly land in my heart, and I’d realise all over again just how much goodness and wisdom he shared.
So buckle in, beautiful. If you’ve been feeling the pull of the collective consciousness, if the healing power of nature speaks to your soul, and if you’re deeply invested in elevating every single aspect of your health, your consciousness and your spirituality, then pop in those earbuds… this episode is for you.
About Dr Zach Bush
Zach Bush, MD is a physician specialising in internal medicine, endocrinology and hospice care. He is an internationally recognized educator and thought leader on the microbiome as it relates to health, disease, and food systems. Zach Bush, MD founded Seraphic Group and the non-profit Farmer’s Footprint to develop root-cause solutions for human and ecological health. His passion for education reaches across many disciplines, including topics such as the role of soil and water ecosystems in human genomics, immunity, and gut/brain health. His education has highlighted the need for a radical departure from chemical farming and pharmacy, and his ongoing efforts are providing a path for consumers, farmers, and mega-industries to work together for a healthy future for people and the planet.
His work in for-profit and nonprofit arenas is creating avenues for collaborative action for all stakeholders in our global community for a regenerative future of health for the planet and our children.
In this episode we chat about:
- Why our cells are the connection between the spiritual and biological worlds. (Get ready to have your mind blown!) (04:28)
- The impact of a plant-based diet on your microbiome (and why gut health could be the missing link that leads to overall wellbeing) (11:17)
- Why the simple act of planting a veggie patch can transform your health, society as a whole, and the health of the entire planet (21:40)
- The new way to build wealth — and why sustainability is so sexy right now (30:09)
- Reframing humankind’s role as co-creators of this earth (44:29)
- Zach’s prescription for jumping into a lifestyle of consciousness and sharing (55:02)
- The books and resources that have most influenced his understanding of life, health and spirituality (01:09:45)
- The powerful rituals that infuse his days with meaning and presence — including the profound beauty of a simple cup of tea (01:14:48)
- Gut Health, Coronavirus & Do We Need Supplements? (podcast)
- The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse by Charlie Mackesy (book)
- Call of the Reed Warbler by Charles Massy (book)
- Farmer’s Footprint (website)
- Journey Of Instrinice Health (program)
Thank you so much for listening. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be SO grateful if you could leave me a review on Apple podcasts, that way we can inspire and educate even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.