(Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify, iHeart or TuneIn)
“It didn’t start with me.”
That’s the groundbreaking premise behind ‘Family Constellations’. This revolutionary type of therapy is based on the belief that we all unconsciously inherit family patterns that may have been needed for the survival of our family in the past, but that now block us from living the fullest and richest lives that we can.
To explain the life-altering magic of this therapy — and to guide us through some powerful at-home exercises — I’m joined by Katarina (‘Kato’) Wittich, a certified Constellations and Rosen practitioner.
I first encountered Kato’s work on Goop’s Netflix series, and became instantly obsessed. Here, finally, was a way to heal ancestral wounds and release the baggage that so many of us carry around on our backs (often without even realising). I knew I needed to get Kato on the show, and our conversation was every bit as eye-opening and transformative as I’d hoped.
Tune in to discover how trauma can be passed on through generations, why our emotional and physical health is intrinsically tied to those who came before us, why your lineage does NOT need to hold you hostage to hidden trauma, how somatic work can supercharge the healing of emotional wounds, the daily neurological practices that will rewire your nervous system for peace and healing, and why your relatives don’t need to be present for you to transform your family’s legacy.
About Katarina Wittich
Katarina Wittich, known as ‘Kato’, is a certified Rosen Practitioner, Yuen Practitioner and facilitator for the group transformational modality called Family Constellations. Her work is featured in episode five of the Netflix series “Sex, Love & Goop”, in which she leads constellations for a couple who wish to avoid repeating the inherited family patterns which have damaged their previous relationships. Kato is grateful to have had the opportunity to facilitate in the first mainstream television exposure for this profound and life changing work, in which you can witness the impossible wonder of our interconnectedness, unlimited by time or physicality.
In this episode we chat about:
- How cracking the code of your family tree can lead to the healthiest relationships you’ve ever had (00:32)
- Does our body really ‘keep the score’? (11:42)
- The stunning truth about patterns, human nature and inherited trauma (26:02)
- A simple exercise to try at home to experience the power of somatic work (29:49)
- The best place to start with Family Constellations therapy (and why it’s essential to choose your practitioner carefully) (38:13)
- How somatic work can supercharge the healing of emotional wounds (44:30)
- Is it more effective to heal family wounds in the company of your family or solo? (The answer surprised me!) (50:09)
- The simple but wildly effective self-care practices that can rewire your nervous system in a matter of minutes (55:20)
- Behind the Scenes: Family Constellations on Netflix’s Sex, Love & goop (website)
- When Things Fall Apart by Pema Chodron (book)
- The Dawn of Everything by David Graeber and David Wengrow (book)
- Best book on Rosen Method: Relaxation, Awareness, Resilience – Rosen Method Bodywork Science and Practice by Ivy Green (book)
- Podcast on Light Bathing in the mornings and multiple great neurological practices for self soothing and grounding and health (podcast)
- And in addition there is a big Family Constellations conference that Katarina will be presenting in, hosted in Australia actually, in May (more info)
- Become a member of ISCA’s Private Facebook Group
- The Wisdom of Pema Chödrön Summit (event)
Thank you so much for listening. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be SO grateful if you could leave me a review on Apple podcasts, that way we can inspire and educate even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
Introducing The Melissa Ambrosini Show+
Did you know you can get ad-free listening, a bonus up close and personal pump-you-up weekly motivational episode with me, and a bonus Q&A episode with Nick and me where we answer your burning questions? You can join…
- Zen+ to get totally ad-free listening.
- Motivate+ to get ad-free listening and a weekly exclusive motivational episode that includes a deep dive into what’s going on in my personal life, businesses, my favorite new discoveries, health and life hacks and so much more.
- VIP+ to get ad-free listening, as well as everything in Motivate+, and an intimate monthly Q&A episode where Nick and I answer all your burning questions on ANYTHING. it’s a private space so no holds barred here my friend!
Choosing your membership takes 30 seconds, costs less than a green juice per month, and you can listen on your favorite podcast app!
[…] addition, the gray-eyed Rosen practitioner spent three decades of his life Working as a screenwriter, director, producer as well as film producer. His work in the film […]