What you need:
2 tablespoons coconut flour
1/2 cup carob powder
4 tablespoons ghee
5 tablespoons coconut oil
4 organic eggs
1 medium to large sweet potato
10 drops chocolate stevia
10 drops vanilla stevia
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of sea salt
Aim to use all organic ingredients for upgraded health benefits. If you want to get fancy, you can experiment with adding different essential oils such as orange and peppermint. To learn all about my essential oils obsession, check out this page and My Wellness Essentials.
You could even throw some berries in the mix too.
What You Do:
- Preheat oven to 140°C.
- Peal sweet potato, chop into small cubes and rub with 1 tbs of coconut oil. Roast in oven until soft.
- Blend sweet potato, ghee and remaining 4 tbs of coconut oil until smooth.
- Pour into a separate bowl and allow to cool in fridge.
- Mix or beat remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl until smooth. Add sweet potato to the mixture and mix or beat until smooth.
- Line baking pan with parchment paper and pour in mixture.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes in the oven at 140°C depending on desired moistness (bake for longer for a firmer texture, or shorter for a more gooey consistency).
- Serve with some whipped coconut cream.
Eating this yummy and nourishing treat could has the added benefit of providing a good source of resistant starch (RS3), which will provide food for your ancestral strains of good gut bacteria to feed on such as Bifidobacterium longum, which are crucial to your health and longevity.
The healthiest chocolate brownie that’s actually good for you and your gut.
(This brownie will keep in the fridge for a week, or you can freeze them and defrost half an hour before eating for a firmer, chewier brownie — yum.)
Easy peasy lemon squeezy!
Make this at your next dinner party and you will be sure to knock everyone’s socks off.
Now I would love to hear from you, beautiful. Do you have any gut healing recipes you can share? If so, please add them to the comments below. And if you want to make your bestie’s week, month or even year, forward her this recipe and lock in a dinner party to taste this delicious-ness ASAP! Even better, make this for someone you love.
As always, thank you so much for being here and for offering so much love in the comments. You mean the world to me and I absolutely LOVE sharing this information with you. You ROCK!