Nick and I are back sharing the mic again.
In this episode — Part One of Two — we’re honing in on the best ways to eliminate toxins from all areas of your life… your home, cooking, cleaning, beauty, lifestyle, wellness, all of it, so that you can radically reduce your toxic load and experience the incredible effects of toxic free living on your health.
Living a toxic free life used to not even be on my radar. Then, in 2010 I hit rock bottom and landed in hospital with a whole host of health issues — including a ravaged nervous system, adrenal fatigue, zero immunity, thyroid issues, screwed up hormones, eczema, hives and acne all over my body, and the worst case of the cold sore virus the doctors had ever seen.
In order to get well, I knew I had to work on both my inner environment and my outer one. A crucial part of that ‘outer’ work was to take a long, hard look at the chemicals I was putting in and on my body, and surrounding myself with 24/7. Because the truth is, if you’re not paying attention, modern life will bombard you with toxic chemicals at every minute of the day — from the deodorant you apply in the morning, to the pans you cook your lunch in, to the sheets you lay in at night.
The cumulative effect of all those toxins can be devastating, and over the years, Nick and I have BOTH experienced these effects for ourselves. That’s why, these days, we’re hyper-vigilant about the products we use, whether it’s cooking, cleaning, personal care, or whatever. (And if it’s possible, we’re even MORE intentional about what we use on and around Baby B!)
We’ve learned a LOT on this topic over the years, including heaps of super smart, life changing strategies. (We even intentionally built our house using tox-free products — something that’s still almost unheard of!)
So in this episode, we’re sharing our absolute BEST strategies for eliminating toxins from every facet of your life. If you want to hear our tips on everything from the best kitchen pans, to chemical-free pest removal, to our fave junk-free supplements, to the skincare products that will make your face more radiant than ever, then pop in those earbuds… this one’s for you.
In this episode we chat about:
- The absolute BEST way to keep chemicals out of your body (it’s super simple, and will have a huge and immediate impact on your health) (02:27)
- Our ultimate guide to eliminating toxins in the kitchen — including the only pots and pans we ever use, and the cooking methods that preserve the most nutrients (11:42)
- The supplements we swear by, which contain zero nasties and can rapidly reverse any deficiencies (18:08)
- How to make composting simple and easy, no matter what type of home you live in (and some great resources to get you started) (24:52)
- Behind the scenes of Nick’s 30-day juice fast, the mind blowing physical and spiritual growth he experienced, and simple, effective ways to start detoxing your body every day (29:36)
- The #1 switch to make in your home (that hardly anyone thinks about) to radically reduce the toxins going in and on your body (36:22)
- Our genius tips to turn your home into a toxin-free wellness sanctuary — and the products and daily habits that keep our home pure, clean and healthy (39:13)
- The only cleaning products you’ll ever need to keep your home sparkling clean and mould free. (They’re super cheap with ZERO nasties — #winning!) (48:44)
- The genius ‘points’ system we use in our relationship, plus how to stop stalling on adult responsibilities (55:34)
- Could your furniture be full of toxins? Here are our favourite low-tox furniture and fabric choices (59:59)
- Melissa Ambrosini’s Shop (website)
- Comparisonitis by Melissa Ambrosini (book)
- Dirty Dozen (website)
- Scanpan (website)
- Clean Fifteen (website)
- Seed & Sprouts (website)
- PerfectAminos (website)
- Think Dirty (app)
- Changing Habits (website)
- The Truth About Wheat With Cyndi O’Meara (podcast)
- Share Waste (website)
- Hydrogen Health Shower Filter – Use the code ‘Melissa’ to get 20% off (website)
- Resene Paints (website)
- Wellness Mama (website)
- Natural Harry (website)
- Young Living Essential Oils (website)
- doTERRA Essential Oils (website)
- Living Libations (website)
- Essential Oil Wizardry (website)
- Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide (website)
- Home by Natural Harry (amazon)
- Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus With John Gray (podcast)
- Mars And Venus In The Bedroom & How To Have Great Sex | John Gray (podcast)
- The Natural Bedding Company (website)
- Samina (website)
- The Barefoot Investor (website)
Thank you so much for listening. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be SO grateful if you could leave me a review on Apple podcasts, that way we can inspire and educate even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email [email protected] for more information.